Steering wheel buttons and levers dont work

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 04:03 PM
911est
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering wheel buttons and levers dont work

Hey

None of the steering column levers(indicators, lights, cruise, window wipers) nor buttons on the steering wheel(radio, menus, horn), but airbag is fine and shows no errors. I have no idea what might have caused this as the problem was already there when the car arrived. DELPHI Diagnostics tool shows open circuit. Can it be any of the electronics blocks? If, yes, which one to start with? I have taken out entire dash to get access to cabling and it seems all good. Also all other electronics inside the car seem to be working normally.

Thanks
Old 07-11-2018, 08:51 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,160 Likes on 3,925 Posts

Originally Posted by 911est
Hey

None of the steering column levers(indicators, lights, cruise, window wipers) nor buttons on the steering wheel(radio, menus, horn), but airbag is fine and shows no errors. I have no idea what might have caused this as the problem was already there when the car arrived. DELPHI Diagnostics tool shows open circuit. Can it be any of the electronics blocks? If, yes, which one to start with? I have taken out entire dash to get access to cabling and it seems all good. Also all other electronics inside the car seem to be working normally.

Thanks
Year, model, and transmission type might be helpful. Did they all work during the PPI you had done? Was the battery dead when the car arrived too?
Old 07-11-2018, 06:00 PM
911est
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2005 C2S Manual. Had a spare set of levers that I could test and it solved the problem.

Quick Reply: Steering wheel buttons and levers dont work