FS: 997.1 Track Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 04:04 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 997 Likes on 530 Posts
Default FS: 997.1 Track Car

No affiliation.

997.1 track-ready car at what seems to be a very fair price, $39,500.

https://showroom.windingroad.com/lis...eid=a727b44017
Old 07-11-2018, 08:48 AM
JABowders
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

That is a really sweet car... If I only had room for it in my garage... <sad face>
Old 07-11-2018, 09:16 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

That's a great car. I would drive that bad boy on the street as well. Great deal provided the engine is sound.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:02 AM
GT3_ISH
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aero kit bumper
Aero kit wing

There are ways you can tell that the rennline GT3 template was used on that aero kit bumper, and that the GT3 wing has extra vent holes under where the air scoops go. Still a very nice car at a great price, and appears that it was bought from my work

Edit: can vouch for the car, can't go in to details but it has been properly maintained and at a Porsche dealer.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:24 AM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 777 Posts

I emailed but no response? Im in Florida and wanted to check it out.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:42 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3_ISH
Aero kit bumper
Aero kit wing

There are ways you can tell that the rennline GT3 template was used on that aero kit bumper, and that the GT3 wing has extra vent holes under where the air scoops go. Still a very nice car at a great price, and appears that it was bought from my work

Edit: can vouch for the car, can't go in to details but it has been properly maintained and at a Porsche dealer.
Says OEM in the ad and looks OEM. Nothing in this ad shows that these are aftermarket to me.
I also emailed with no response. Been trying to retire the GTS from track duty and pickup a sorted track car. This is probably it.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:53 AM
GT3_ISH
Instructor

Originally Posted by nwGTS
Says OEM in the ad and looks OEM. Nothing in this ad shows that these are aftermarket to me.
I'm not saying its not OEM at all. I'm saying that they are aero kit components vs GT3, for the reasons I listed. All of which are easily verified.

Common misconception is that the aerokit bumper and wing are identical to the GT3, when in fact they are not.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:31 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

I'm not saying its not OEM at all. I'm saying that they are aero kit components vs GT3, for the reasons I listed. All of which are easily verified.

Common misconception is that the aerokit bumper and wing are identical to the GT3, when in fact they are not.
Can you expand on this for everyone here? How are we verifying? Otherwise, you're being cryptic and hard to decipher. I'm emailing with the seller and would like to know more about how these are not GT3 parts but 997.1 aero kit. Not sure how you can tell from the pics unless you've been under the car in person to look for things like the front radiator vents and center vent ducting or the PN number on the wing. Wing I'm less concerned about but front clip is a big one if it was hacked versus OEM.
TIA.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:59 PM
GT3_ISH
Instructor

Absolutely, no doubt they're OEM from the pictures because the fitment is superb. They're just not GT3 parts, They're aero kit. I'm not trying to be cryptic at all so I'll upload a few pics to show the differences.

The wing....

If you notice the picture of the rear of the car it has two intake vents exposed with grille inserts in them. The GT3 wing has an extra row of intake vents behind that on each side, as pictured in the diagram below. You typically dont see them because the air scoops of the GT3 cover the extra vents up.

The front bumper....

This is something I've noticed as a characteristic of the Rennline template for the GT3 grille and where it places it on the bumper. You're looking at the distance between the grille and the hood line.

Actual GT3/GT3-RS (verified, I know the owner)

Aero kit bumper with GT3 vent using rennline install kit...

Again, there is nothing wrong with anything I've pointed out. These are still quality OEM parts it appears, they simply are not GT3 parts.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:02 PM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

My only other comment besides it being a nice looking car is....I don't see 347 HP at the wheels of a 3.6. Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:43 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 777 Posts

I agree. Maybe 300 at best.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:54 PM
PorscheAddict
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Did going to .2 add that much? I've seen 3.4 DFI dynos at 330whp+ (catless, tune, etc.) Nice car aside from the GT3 sticker on the back, which would drive me nuts since it is not a GT3.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:28 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Absolutely, no doubt they're OEM from the pictures because the fitment is superb. They're just not GT3 parts, They're aero kit. I'm not trying to be cryptic at all so I'll upload a few pics to show the differences.

The wing....

If you notice the picture of the rear of the car it has two intake vents exposed with grille inserts in them. The GT3 wing has an extra row of intake vents behind that on each side, as pictured in the diagram below. You typically dont see them because the air scoops of the GT3 cover the extra vents up.

The front bumper....

This is something I've noticed as a characteristic of the Rennline template for the GT3 grille and where it places it on the bumper. You're looking at the distance between the grille and the hood line.

Actual GT3/GT3-RS (verified, I know the owner)

Aero kit bumper with GT3 vent using rennline install kit...

Again, there is nothing wrong with anything I've pointed out. These are still quality OEM parts it appears, they simply are not GT3 parts.
SUPER helpful. Thank you. I didn't know those two other small vents were on .1 GT3 decklids. And great spotting the gap for the Rennline kit.
Old 07-13-2018, 02:31 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 355 Likes on 252 Posts

It's def an Aerokit bumper. If you look closely at the GT3 bumper vs Aerokit bumper, there are some distinctive differences aside from the vent.

Quick Reply: FS: 997.1 Track Car