Sponsored by:

New-to-me GTS Cab

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 03:27 PM
kru911
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by amplitude
Looks great, though I have to say that I really liked the look with the HREs, too!
I love a classic 5-spoke look all day long - without rivets. The car looked good as-is, but I wanted to immediately shake off the previous owner's look.

Originally Posted by Balr14
Do you have the FabSpeed dual intake system as well? How about the FabSpeed ECU tuner?
No, and no. Though the intake system looks fabulous, no plans to go there for now.

Originally Posted by WantA997
Did you sell the HREs?
The HRE's are gone...

Originally Posted by thxbuff2001
Agree.

Congrats. Definitely track it to see its full potential.
Thanks. I do look forward to more track days with the GTS.

Originally Posted by ThomasCarreraGTS

Great clip, thanks!
Regarding going back to 100% PASM with OE springs was a consideration. With easy access and overnight deliver from Eibach (California warehouse) vs 5wk wait for OE, thought to try the Eibachs out. So far, so good. Besides, I will fine tune my driving skills, play with tire pressures, etc. before further thinking "suspension". Track wise that is, lol!

Originally Posted by shekmark
Congrats on a beautiful car. Can't track the cab here in NJ :-(. Great look with white and black. Sometimes wish I had gone with a brighter color.
Thanks! We're across the continent, but join us next year (PCA-CWR Area 27 HPDE). Shame cab restrictions on tracks and regions is all over the place. Seems installing a race approved roll bar is a solution, but I'm not going there.

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Congrats! Very nice car!
Much thanks!
Old 08-11-2018, 09:31 PM
markskyline
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks great bro.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:14 AM
kru911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by markskyline
Car looks great bro.
Thanks so much!
Awesome, great to see you "here". Look forward to seeing you and your 997 out and about.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:04 PM
kru911
Rennlist Member

Last night, picked up and opened a package.

After a long night ...got under the dash today.

Now ...trying to sneak out of the house for a drive. In the meantime, I'll reminisce about a previous drive.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:16 PM
pilfer
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

are those the OZ wheels? Looks great. I am thinking about getting a sport classic lip or speedster lip to replace my factory one. I seem to find higher prices than nwGTS says though on suncoast.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:04 PM
kru911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pilfer
are those the OZ wheels? Looks great. I am thinking about getting a sport classic lip or speedster lip to replace my factory one. I seem to find higher prices than nwGTS says though on suncoast.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Yes, the wheels are OZ Ultraleggera's. I had them painted gun metal. Unfortunately, I rushed picking the paint and finish. After looking at countless other "greys", I wish I went with a lighter shade and no metallic. From what I recall, your BBS Monobloc wheels look amazing!

The Sport Classic / Speedster lip is the one part of my car most complimented. And, it seems as time goes by, the price for replacements have increased. Trying to avoid scraping, it still happens. I'm afraid of completely tearing the vents. Wish you luck, hope you find one at a good price!

The car on a downward angle...
Old 06-12-2019, 12:55 PM
gopirates
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like a great car.

The H&Rs do seem to sag a tad more than Eibachs. If you changed out to Eibachs the wheel gap in the well would be more consistent all the way around the well and not show sagging at the top.

I can take pics of my set up, though I have a base 997.2 with no PASM/SPASM however I think the wheel gap is perfect with the Eibachs in my opinion...
Old 06-12-2019, 12:59 PM
pilfer
Racer

Originally Posted by kruinc
Thanks, I appreciate it. Yes, the wheels are OZ Ultraleggera's. I had them painted gun metal. Unfortunately, I rushed picking the paint and finish. After looking at countless other "greys", I wish I went with a lighter shade and no metallic. From what I recall, your BBS Monobloc wheels look amazing!

The Sport Classic / Speedster lip is the one part of my car most complimented. And, it seems as time goes by, the price for replacements have increased. Trying to avoid scraping, it still happens. I'm afraid of completely tearing the vents. Wish you luck, hope you find one at a good price!

The car on a downward angle...
Good memory lol, I do like them but I also want the car lower. I’m currently on eibach springs, I think I’ll try out a 325 tire in the rear next though. I don’t want to replace my suspension as everything works fine. What rear tire size do you have?
Old 06-12-2019, 06:07 PM
kru911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gopirates
Looks like a great car.

The H&Rs do seem to sag a tad more than Eibachs. If you changed out to Eibachs the wheel gap in the well would be more consistent all the way around the well and not show sagging at the top.

I can take pics of my set up, though I have a base 997.2 with no PASM/SPASM however I think the wheel gap is perfect with the Eibachs in my opinion...
So nice of you, thanks... I switched to Eibach springs last summer. With a slight change in the rake, the front lip sits a little higher.

Good memory lol, I do like them but I also want the car lower. I’m currently on eibach springs, I think I’ll try out a 325 tire in the rear next though. I don’t want to replace my suspension as everything works fine. What rear tire size do you have?
My rear tires are 305's. They are stretched on the 12in wheels, but not so badly. 325's would fit better and be nicely squared on 12in wheels, as several other Rennlisters do.

Perhaps helpful... my car originally had HRE wheels, rears 19 x 12 ET45 with 305's, and H&R springs. With this offset and wheel/tire combination, the rears were near flush with the fender - no rubbing. I suspect, to properly fit 325 tires, the offset may need to be closer to 50mm.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:22 PM
pilfer
Racer

Originally Posted by kruinc
So nice of you, thanks... I switched to Eibach springs last summer. With a slight change in the rake, the front lip sits a little higher.

My rear tires are 305's. They are stretched on the 12in wheels, but not so badly. 325's would fit better and be nicely squared on 12in wheels, as several other Rennlisters do.

Perhaps helpful... my car originally had HRE wheels, rears 19 x 12 ET45 with 305's, and H&R springs. With this offset and wheel/tire combination, the rears were near flush with the fender - no rubbing. I suspect, to properly fit 325 tires, the offset may need to be closer to 50mm.
Yea, BBS RE dont have that aggressive an offset. I imagine 325/30 would be good.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:02 AM
kru911
Rennlist Member

Yea, BBS RE dont have that aggressive an offset. I imagine 325/30 would be good.
Old 06-13-2019, 04:11 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 577 Likes on 345 Posts

beautiful gts - glad you removed the extra badges that were visually misaligned. btw you have the best looking oem lip for the gts bumper.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:03 PM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts

Did I read in the panorama to "avoid the Sport PASM option, as it replaced the GTS specific suspension?"

The author just made that up!

the standard PASM is just standard. There is no "GTS" option. Sport PASM is better on these cars, but again, available on any 997.2 GTS if optioned
Old 06-13-2019, 05:09 PM
ThomasCarreraGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Kg11
Did I read in the panorama to "avoid the Sport PASM option, as it replaced the GTS specific suspension?"

The author just made that up!

the standard PASM is just standard. There is no "GTS" option. Sport PASM is better on these cars, but again, available on any 997.2 GTS if optioned

No, it’s true and Porsche acknowledged it. In multiple publications.

​​​​​​​
Old 06-13-2019, 05:10 PM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasCarreraGTS
No, it’s true and Porsche acknowledged it. In multiple publications.

Huh...that is so weird. I had a C4S at one point and test drove a 4 GTS. I could have sworn they had the same suspension. I thought the Sport PASM was the GTS option, like the SC and PSE you also got on these cars for no charge? Sport PASM is so much better than stock

Quick Reply: New-to-me GTS Cab