997.2 Misc questions - PASM, rear seat, accident history

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 10:54 AM
Meursault88
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 997.2 Misc questions - PASM, rear seat, accident history

Does Sport Chrono require PASM ?

For those that have PASM - how often do you use it in daily driving ?

My wife is 5 ft tall, we have a 3 yr old son - (I'm 6'3") - thinking that wife can scoot up and son can sit on booster seat and then back seat until he is taller than her.

Can a 5ft person (son or wife) ride comfortably in the back passenger seat if the front passenger is accommodating ?

If I seriously (99%) have no intention of reselling (this comes from deeply regretting the Porsche(s) I've owned and sold) should I care about a properly repaired 'accident' ?

Thanks in advance !
Old 04-22-2018, 12:16 PM
Qwksnke
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Meursault88
Does Sport Chrono require PASM ?

For those that have PASM - how often do you use it in daily driving ?

If I seriously (99%) have no intention of reselling (this comes from deeply regretting the Porsche(s) I've owned and sold) should I care about a properly repaired 'accident' ?

Thanks in advance !
In the 7 months I have owned my 997.2, I have never used PASM by itself. Only with the Sport and Plus activated since PASM comes on automatically in those modes. However even with it not activated per se (normal mode) I do believe it contines to monitor and can make adjustments if it detects extreme condition. Seems like I read that in the manual.

As far as repairs or history, as long as it is repaired correctly I wouldn't and didn't care when I bought mine.
My thought is, due to parts costs, a light hit can total these cars easily. So if it doesn't have a salvage title and was repaired correctly, should be a safe buy. (On average)
Old 04-22-2018, 12:41 PM
johzev
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never use Pasm. No way a five foot tall person can be comfortable in the jump seats. May work for a very short trip. Child in jump seat can work, but no way for an adult
Old 04-22-2018, 01:09 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,200 Likes on 767 Posts

In 3.5 years and 75K miles I've found I've generally got PASM on. I converted to a DSC system a year or so ago and now it remembers the last selection so I don't have to select the mode at each start up.

The back seats help lower the insurance rates, but unless you don't care about marital bliss I would suggest you keep your wife in tree front seat.

If you go PDK then Sport Chrono is a must.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:24 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,562 Likes on 940 Posts

I actually put 4 adults in my 2009 C2S last month. We are out partying... let's say this other couple was not in a "caring" mood..... Jammed 'em in...... got home. Honestly, I couldn't believe it. No deep vein thrombosis issues that we were aware of. I can't recommend anyone try this.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 04-23-2018, 08:23 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,552 Likes on 4,167 Posts

My wife's 997 is her DD. Both kids fit great in the rear seat on boosters, then without boosters until last year, then my 13 year old daughter (5'-5'2" at the time) had to move to the front. Her head would hit the roof. You'll be good for about 7 years though, wife on the front and child in the back. and will then need to add a Macan.

From the archives a few years ago.

Quick Reply: 997.2 Misc questions - PASM, rear seat, accident history