Sponsored by:

Help with build sheet codes

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 06:05 PM
shekmark
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Help with build sheet codes

I will try to attach my build sheet, but basically would like to know what these two codes mean:
XLT - sport tailpipes ( is this just an esthetic tail piece)
AN- black standard leather. Is this an upgrade? If not, why would it be on the build sheet? I didn’t think I had full leather but found my fealer ad and it says full leather.
603 Dynamic Cornering Lights. Are these Xenon or Halogen?
Thanks for replies.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:10 PM
shekmark
Pro

Old 04-13-2018, 07:56 AM
shekmark
Pro

Maybe it would help if I explain more. Are sport tailpipes just a different look tailpipe, or does it effect the exhaust sound as well? Does AN mean I have the full leather interior? The headlight question is pretty obvious. On a side note, it's finally getting warm here in Jersey. I'm gonna put on my summer tires and wheels tomorrow. Can't wait!
Old 04-13-2018, 01:37 PM
kcheves
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The tailpipes are cosmetic only. The only factory exhaust upgrade i’m aware of is PSE, which is different. I think you have standard leather which covers the seating surfaces and maybe center armrest, but not full leather. But it’s easy to check. Full leather has stitching on top of the dash and on the center console side panels.

Dynamic cornering lights are definitely Xenon, part of the Porsche Dynamic Lighting System, with 2 bulbs In each enclosure rather than one. Turn your headlights on and then start the car. The lights will do a little dance for you. I think, but am not sure, that the standard headlights on the 997.2 are Xenon also, just not dynamic.

Nice car!

Last edited by kcheves; 04-13-2018 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:55 PM
OnlineAlias
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kcheves
The tailpipes are cosmetic only. The only factory exhaust upgrade i’m aware of is PSE, which is different. I think you have standard leather which covers the seating surfaces and maybe center armrest, but not full leather. But it’s easy to check. Full leather has stitching on top of the dash and on the center console side panels.

Dynamic cornering lights are definitely Xenon, part of the Porsche Dynamic Lighting System, with 2 bulbs In each enclosure rather than one. Turn your headlights on and then start the car. The lights will do a little dance for you. I think, but am not sure, that the standard headlights on the 997.2 are Xenon also, just not dynamic.

Nice car!
Dynamic Cornering Lights point in the direction of the steering wheel, so yay. Most manufacturers call them "adaptive lights".

Their real value is in the way they look. The normal headlight has a strange city bulb right in the middle of it and look very flat and honestly, quite cheap. The DCL lights have 2 projectors and look like a light befitting a 100k car. Like so many things on a P car, they should be standard but aren't.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:58 AM
ATSR
Burning Brakes

Received 202 Likes on 94 Posts

1. Tailpipes are cosmetic.

2. AN is the standard leather. That’s the same one I have in my car.

3. All 997.2 have xenons. The DCL turn to the sides as you steer.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:35 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

you need to look at your options. if you pay extra for it, then it is a added on cost option. Otherwise it is standard.It comes like that included in the standard price
Old 04-14-2018, 12:38 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

and you can get all the options by asking a dealer to look up your car

Quick Reply: Help with build sheet codes