Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 C4S OZ Leggera HLT

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 12:41 PM
bronz
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 60 Posts

Wow def looks Meteor in the pics! What side skirts are those? GTS? How much do they go for if you dont mind me asking
Old 04-12-2018, 01:09 PM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Received 539 Likes on 297 Posts

Originally Posted by bronz
Wow def looks Meteor in the pics! What side skirts are those? GTS? How much do they go for if you dont mind me asking
GTS/GT2 rocker molding / side skirts for wide body 997

997-504-363-80-01C
997-504-364-80-01C

Figure around $700 for both.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:36 PM
bronz
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 60 Posts

Thanks! And i just realized that you might be the guy from one of Matt Farah's one take videos?
Old 04-12-2018, 02:58 PM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bronz
Thanks! And i just realized that you might be the guy from one of Matt Farah's one take videos?
Old 04-12-2018, 11:41 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Is this considered an "upgrade" in performance over the OEM Carrera Sport wheels, or just cosmetically different? They look great on the car. Also, at under $2k, affordable!
Old 04-13-2018, 01:04 AM
TuonoR
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by qikqbn
Yes! The Oem Carrera Sport wheels are already a grey paint color (GT Silver) with polished lip. Although they look a bit lighter side by side with the OZs. I think it had more to do with how light bounces off the hard angles on the OZs vs the soft shapes on the carrera sport wheel, but when I popped the 997 carrera sport oem center caps on the OZ it is almost a perfect color match. I was very excited because now it has a real oem look to them. :^)
2006 is the year of my carrera sport wheels. These caps are NOT concave like a bowl, but a bit more convex like a flat bubble.

Tequipment Porsche Carrera Sport wheel center in GT Silver set of 4: 997-044-600-10

A set of 4 is not cheap. About $180-$200 and although I mentioned almost a perfect color match, it's very close, but don't get upset with me if you get them and it's off by a shade or so ;^).
It's not actually a perfect identical color code match, but I am meticulous and very detail oriented and I actually think they look great and oem. Metallic colors change depending on the angle of light and in some cases it looks darn near identical and in others just a shade light, but overall I am very happy with them.

You can see them here in the tequipment catalogue page 16. you can copy/paste link below if does not work.

https://www.porsche.com/all/media/fl...e/en/index.htm

I will say this, I read a few forums that when at the track oem center caps would pop off the OZ wheels under harsh conditions. I think that is why tirerack does not recommend oem caps, but in general, at track events, it is recommended to remove your center caps anyway no matter what wheels you run.
Some say the fitment of oem caps may feel "loose" compared to the oz original caps. I can see and feel that too, but when I popped these oem's on they felt about right as far as a good hold. With a tool I can still spin them just enough to line up with the valve stem. The OZ caps do not spin at all, very tight fit.
I did make a small adjustment on the rear caps. The front caps popped in and were flush. The rears, not sure why, but were just not as flush. This could be wheel specific, maybe a thicker coat of paint did it, but I ended up shaving with a blade just the slightest little plastic off the fingers of the cap that seemed to be keeping it from fully seating. It worked great after that adjustment.
Awesome info.

The problem with the OZ caps is that the CF discs are glued to the plastic inserts that fit into the hole on the wheel. The glue used is inadequate and the attention to detail is pretty inconsistent with the quality of the wheels. Either the CF discs are not centered, there is glue seeping out from the seam or (best of all) they fall off when driving. So nice to hear the OEM caps could fit..,
Old 04-13-2018, 01:45 AM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dawgcatching
Is this considered an "upgrade" in performance over the OEM Carrera Sport wheels, or just cosmetically different? They look great on the car. Also, at under $2k, affordable!
Depends... some would say any rotational mass weight savings or weight savings in general IS a performance upgrade. I mentioned the weight difference in a earlier post. For me the cosmetics won me over first, but the almost 20 lbs less of rotational mass is a very nice benefit and noticeable. Not huge difference, but noticeable.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:02 PM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Just a quick heads up... So my 2013 Cayenne S has meteor grey center caps... on the right side... I tried these on the OZ's and they will definitely fall off !! The design is very different. Not sure if this is a similar cap used on all the newer models, but just beware the cap design on the right will not work.

On a side note.... Been noticing much better gas mileage with the lighter wheels and new tires.. My 25 mile commute to work is averaging 24 mpg which is about 4 mpg better than with the Carrera Sport wheels with Super sport tires. Not sure if this is directly related to the new Michelin 4S or the lighter OZ wheels, probably a combo, but this is the best mileage I have ever seen on my commute in over 8 years of ownership!!!

Old 04-17-2018, 12:49 AM
Presto
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

New wheels look great and suit the car real well. Is your 997 meteor grey?
Old 04-17-2018, 11:58 AM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Presto
New wheels look great and suit the car real well. Is your 997 meteor grey?
The sunlight plays tricks with my cars color. It's actually Seal Grey 6B4 which looks a bit more blue/grey around noon, but then looks Meteor grey around sunset.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:34 PM
AltVelo
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

On a side note.... Been noticing much better gas mileage with the lighter wheels and new tires.. My 25 mile commute to work is averaging 24 mpg which is about 4 mpg better than with the Carrera Sport wheels with Super sport tires. Not sure if this is directly related to the new Michelin 4S or the lighter OZ wheels, probably a combo, but this is the best mileage I have ever seen on my commute in over 8 years of ownership!!!
woh.. 20% increase with lighter wheels? These OZ's will pay for themselves soon. I bet that right foot was biased to get it up that much!
Old 04-19-2018, 12:52 AM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

OK, so this is interesting. I ordered a backup set of the Tequipment "GT Silver" Center Caps that usually go with the Carrera Sport Wheels.
I ordered from SunsetPorscheParts and on their parts website by searching the part # 997-044-600-10 which I had mentioned in a previous post from the tequipment catalogue.

I received them today and when I opened the box and looked at the back clips my heart sank!!!
Because, apparently this part has been replaced by a new design center cap that is "GT Silver" with part # 000-044-605-30
The back end clips are similar to my 2013 Cayenne center cap that I tried a few days ago and did not work at all and those were way too loose!

BUT...... wait a minute... So I tried them out and to my surprise they actually work really great! They hold really well and almost more snug than my old GT silver caps. So my guess is they are not manufacturing the old part # any more and have moved on to this new design. They do look a bit different in the Porsche Crest, but the color is a nice match.
So I will keep them as backups in case I lose any in the future. Hopefully not... or maybe I will use them if I update the wheels on my other cars. Not sure why my Cayenne caps were so loose!!?? But these worked out great.

Last edited by qikqbn; 06-07-2018 at 01:18 AM.
Old 12-30-2018, 02:18 PM
Presto
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

Thanks for the info on the wheel caps. Does oz provide new valve stems along with the wheels? Or do we use our own? Can the ball type Porsche lugs be used with these wheels or does it need the conical/tapered lugs?
Old 06-04-2020, 06:37 PM
Caudy
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to dig an old post up but im after some help please.

I got a set of OZ Ultraleggera 20's and im wanting to fit Porsche centre caps for a more oem look.

Can someone confirm what size Porsche caps you're using?

Thanks
Old 06-04-2020, 06:43 PM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Caudy
Sorry to dig an old post up but im after some help please.

I got a set of OZ Ultraleggera 20's and im wanting to fit Porsche centre caps for a more oem look.

Can someone confirm what size Porsche caps you're using?

Thanks
The center cap size does not change between my 19 inch Carrera 4s or my 21 Inch Cayenne S. Center caps listed above should also work on OZ 20's. It just depends on what color OZ wheel you got. The caps listed above are GT Silver, or what would be closer to a grey color than silver oem wheels.

Quick Reply: 997 C4S OZ Leggera HLT