Sponsored by:

Sharkwerks / Gundo = YES !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 10:20 AM
Damon88
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Raven 666
Either way you go you will be happy with it ,,,,,,,,you tend to blip the throttle a lot on down shifts just to hear it and drive it harder ,,,,,very intoxicating and makes the factory muffler sound really bad in comparison ..
Totally agree. when i cruising slow say through a parking lot. I let of the gas ever so slightly and get those nice growling gurgle noises... haha well i least thats the best way i can describe it. Perfect combo.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:20 AM
Damon88
Instructor

Originally Posted by docdrs

2" gundo

Welds are like art work !!
Old 03-01-2018, 10:23 AM
Damon88
Instructor

Originally Posted by vchacon
Thanks for the info... I have to decide between 2" and 1.75".
Either way you will be happy. I was not into hacking the muffler up. Was going to get the Porsche dealer to install the PSE. but it would have cost almost $6,000. By far this mod with the Sharkwerks was the way to go.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:29 PM
gargamel647
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2009 997 Carrera S and did the same thing. I did the hack first and it just wasn't enough for me. I then did the Billie Boat center muffler bypass and think it is just a tick too loud. I kind of wish I did the x pipe before the hack. When I drive with the windows closed is not bad. With them open, it is pretty loud.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:44 AM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by gargamel647
I have a 2009 997 Carrera S and did the same thing. I did the hack first and it just wasn't enough for me. I then did the Billie Boat center muffler bypass and think it is just a tick too loud. I kind of wish I did the x pipe before the hack. When I drive with the windows closed is not bad. With them open, it is pretty loud.
I did the x pipe firest then the gundo.......the x pipe alone is just not enough. I am glad to see you did it opposite of me and I think that One alone is not enough. Both together is the solution , although it is then in the ears of the beholder. Too loud, still too quiet , too rangy, too deep, too ricy.or just right!!!!!!
All I can say is its a 911 not a sewing machine. What would you rather have?
Old 03-15-2018, 11:36 PM
Redhot2474
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Damon88
I have had my 2012 997.2 C4S for a couple months now. After all the great info on this site i decided to order the Sharkwerks Xpipe. Alex was absolutely awesome to deal with. I wanted to order the Fister Mufflers but with Shipping And our Canadian dollar the cost just was to high for me. There is a local retired exhaust guy who comes highly recommended and close to me. After waiting for him to fit me in, i went and picked up my car last night. WOW WOW WOW My car sounds amazing! throttle response it very noticeable, car pulls harder and the sound is amazing. BTW, I don't have the Sports exhaust on my car so this was the route i decided to go.I will post some picture later of the work this guy did. The welds are something to be admired. Sorry long post ... Just super excited.

Cheers
D
I have 09 c4s and did the fabspeed intake first, then gundo 2”, then Billy B center. I finally have a car that sounds like a sports car...bit loud, but tolerable
Old 03-16-2018, 12:23 AM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Received 288 Likes on 171 Posts

Fister D (or gundo) with a crosspipe is definitely a nice upgrade to the stock exhaust. I also added an ipd plenum to the mix which I think makes everything sound a little smoother or more mellow but definitely 90% of the sound is from the first two mods.

Quick Reply: Sharkwerks / Gundo = YES !!