Sponsored by:

Color matching fog lights with no xeons in 997.1

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018 | 02:11 AM
viktahhh
Advanced

Default Color matching fog lights with no xeons in 997.1

hiii

id like to color match the fog lights to my bi xeons in my 997.1 - what is everyone using?

seen mixed reviews about all kinds of stuff so curious what people are giving on
Old 02-06-2018 | 09:21 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I installed the aftermarket led front light assemblies in both my cars and think it updates the look. Color is then brighter white like the headlights. If you don't like those, I'd just replace the regular bulbs with led bulbs, but you'll probably have to add a resistor yo prevent the bulb out warning message. Just did a complete led upgrade to the front lights on my pickup and it turned out great with faster responding lights and better brightness.

Old 02-06-2018 | 11:13 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by viktahhh
hiii

id like to color match the fog lights to my bi xeons in my 997.1 - what is everyone using?

seen mixed reviews about all kinds of stuff so curious what people are giving on
These are good bulbs.

http://www.hoen-usa.com/fog.htm
Old 02-06-2018 | 01:07 PM
viktahhh
Advanced

and from what i understand the h8 is the right on at 35w - please let me know!
Old 02-06-2018 | 02:43 PM
jll1011
Racer

Check out this site: http://www.uniquestyleracings.com/in...te=common/home

I happen to like the front LED's replicating the turbo version that are currently out of stock (for the 997).
Old 11-01-2019 | 10:44 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

I have the 2019 Cayenne S model.

I think what makes my Porsche vehicle look like a classic Porsche are the 21" inch tall and 11" wide wheels and the 315 mm wide tires, the 4 exhaust pipes, the strong looking botton rear fascia area, the strong non-wimp matrix LED headlights..

In addition, the strong deep sound of the twin-turbo engine makes it stand apart of most other vehicles.. and 435 hp and 406 lbs-ft torque is just right for an old guy like me.

The front light housings have the Porsche classic 4 corner lights that I always have liked, the mayrix LED light array have a great illumination, color, and enjoy the led animation when they are turned on or off.

The LED turning lights are very unique too..

I used to really like the rear end fascia and lights of the old Cayennes, but lately it is looking dated to me.. kind of like some mini-coopers..

Same as the large/strong front air intake radiator area, I am liking it a lot now.. Before it made me remember lthe Lexus large radiator grills which I have a strong dislike for it..

I like the Cyclop's eye radar detector.. I which it had an LED light that one can customize the color and brightness..

The interior is great and besides some small details that are already blocked from thinking about it in my brain, it is a great functional interior..

In short, I am really enjoying my twin turbo 2019 Porsche Cayenne S... The ride is superb and it has the best drive and suspension/engine customization options that I really appreciate..

And, I know those are only my personal thoughts..
Old 08-14-2020 | 12:02 PM
G.I.G.
Pro

If you're looking for a plug and play halogen replacement bulb that won't throw any codes, check out the Sylvania zXe's. I bought a pair for my fog lights on my 997.1 and have been pleased with them. They're a bit brighter and definitely whiter than most halogen bulbs I've tried.

zXe

The good thing is they are available at most local auto parts stores and are not expensive, so you could to try them out and if you don't like them, you can return them.

Quick Reply: Color matching fog lights with no xeons in 997.1