Sponsored by:

durametric or something else

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 07:16 PM
911searcher
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 911
I have the enthusiast version, sure wish I had gotten the Pro version. Do you know if it would be able to code out PASM and/or enable Sport Chrono functions?

Does this manual help ?
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ns-manual.html

It looks like some things can be turned on/off with the Enthusiast version.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:23 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,171 Likes on 3,935 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 911
I have the enthusiast version, sure wish I had gotten the Pro version. Do you know if it would be able to code out PASM and/or enable Sport Chrono functions?
Coding requires the Pro version, like enabling side markers as blinkers, using the key fob to courtesy open or close the windows, etc.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:01 PM
jdspilot
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello.

Anyone knows if the Durametric enthusiast is enough to enable the aux in in the PCM, or not even with the pro?

Thanks!
Old 01-22-2018, 09:01 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,419 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by jdspilot
Hello.

Anyone knows if the Durametric enthusiast is enough to enable the aux in in the PCM, or not even with the pro?

Thanks!
I have the Durametric pro and did not see that in coding... but it is complex and I may have missed it. You can contact Durametric directly and ask them. But.... I believe you don't need to code ... that jack should be operational. Google around as others have installed that adapter.... actually, just contact the Becker service center in New Jersey.... they can tell you what you need to know as they sell those adapters and service the equipment.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 01-22-2018, 10:10 PM
Steve 911
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by 911searcher

Does this manual help ?
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ns-manual.html

It looks like some things can be turned on/off with the Enthusiast version.
Thank you for the link. It looks like I may need to get the pro version or find someone local that could do it for a small fee.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:19 AM
jdspilot
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
I have the Durametric pro and did not see that in coding... but it is complex and I may have missed it. You can contact Durametric directly and ask them. But.... I believe you don't need to code ... that jack should be operational. Google around as others have installed that adapter.... actually, just contact the Becker service center in New Jersey.... they can tell you what you need to know as they sell those adapters and service the equipment.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
I think it should be the MMI installed or not installed. My car does not have the MMI. The cables around Ebay states that some coding may be necessary for the cable to work.. Thanks!
Old 01-23-2018, 08:18 AM
911searcher
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
Is coding the word for "making new settings that didn't come with the car" (pro) vs. "setting existing settings"(operational) (enthusiast) ?
Old 01-23-2018, 10:31 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,419 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by 911searcher
Is coding the word for "making new settings that didn't come with the car" (pro) vs. "setting existing settings"(operational) (enthusiast) ?
Yes, but you have to be careful in that how it works with a 997.1 and a 997.2 is different. I have a 997.2 and opportunity for coding some things was shut down by Porsche. For example, auto door locks. As it turns out, auto door locks are only available if you purchased sport chrono. If you did, then you will see an option in your PCM screen to modify the feature.... also, Durametric can see these features and change them via their software too. But... if you don;t have sport chrono, the option on the PCM screen won't be there of course, but will be there in the Durametric.... good you think.... so I flipped the bit with my Durametric and the auto door lock works once, then the car computer flips the bit back. Darn! Actually, before I had the Durametric, I took the car to my Pdealer and and let them flip the bit with their Porsche tools..... the tech tested it, once, and gave me the car..... well it didn't work for me. So I watched him do it this time... tested it... worked.... tested it again, and it flipped back. We could actually see the screen change back on the Porsche computer. No one at the dealersip knew what was going on. About a week later, we (both the tech and I talked) that it was controlled by the Sport Chrono option being present or not. SO..... even the dealerships have little knowledge or training as to what all this crazy software does and doesn't do.

Other issues..... when you read about the options available to you, always keep in mind if the poster has a 997.1 or .2. Another example is the blinking side lights. My 997.2 is programmed from the factory to blink. No need to code that one. A success I had with my Durametirc was the comfort windows function where you hold the unlock button and the windows drop... I like this one! Another I tried was to disable the seat chime.... I could do this but then the airbag light comes on (or blinks) when you start the car and stays on for a while.... made me really nervous so I tuned it back on. Another poster said he had the same issue but kept it that way and then had an accident ... the bag did deploy. Anywho.....

Some track folks like the coding because they can do things like turning off the rear spoiler as they installed a wing or whatever... I don;t track my car so I can't comment on the track coding features.

Moral of this story... don't get too optimistic that you can make all these cool changes to your car. Having said this, I am glad I purchased the tool.... I got the Pro version simply because I did...... I only coded for the window drop..... But I do use the tool for diagnostics as it saved me two trips to the dealer and I like dicking with the car. Also, having the pro version makes me popular at Porsche events resetting service reminders.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Last edited by Bruce In Philly; 01-23-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:38 PM
Doug427
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Are either of the Durametric units capable of calibrating the fuel gauge after the installation of a new fuel sending unit? I have to install another one, and just the fee to the dealer to calibrate would offset more than half the cost of the Durapetric.

Thanks
Old 02-20-2018, 11:45 PM
Greyghost230
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like there is a new device out there; The iCarSoft CR Plus. Anyone have experience with it?
Seems like it is a multi automotive brand device covering Porsche and many other brands.

Amazon Amazon
Old 02-21-2018, 08:55 AM
swingwing
Pro

Received 93 Likes on 70 Posts

I've just ordered a Schwaben tool from ECS Tuning. Will report on it downstream.
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwaben...656sch01a~scf/
The following users liked this post:
Pavegeno928 (02-14-2021)
Old 02-26-2018, 02:03 PM
Greyghost230
Instructor

I asked iCarsoft about the newCR Plus and the differences between CR Plus and the POR II

Answered as:

CR Plus support 4 systems on Porsche,

POR II support Multi systems on Porsche.

CR Plus support Multi brand(including 44 brands ), four system (engine, transmission, ABS, airbag) + oil service reset, SAS reset, brake reset
MB II support Multi system(including four system(engine, transmission, ABS, airbag) and other systems) + oil service reset, SAS reset, brake reset, DPF reset, ETCS reset

(DPF I understand as Diesel Particle Filter)
(ETCS I understand as Electronic Throttle Control Support)

Both of them only support OBD II compliant cars.
Old 03-10-2018, 02:10 PM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 124 Posts

I have the CR Plus and it does just as stated above. It was the POR II for $150 or the CR Plus for $200. Well I also own a Jeep that needs a code reader so the CR Plus made the most sense.
Old 03-10-2018, 02:37 PM
Greyghost230
Instructor

Yes, the CR Plus will arrive this week. Seems like a good solution for my needs.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:59 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 385 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by Greyghost230
Yes, the CR Plus will arrive this week. Seems like a good solution for my needs.
Does the CR Plus reset the service warning?

Quick Reply: durametric or something else