It just does everything right.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 03:01 PM
Ben Z
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
I don't share this.
I must agree, however it's not about the seats. I also have an '08 base Corvette and while the seats in the Porsche (standard full power, supple leather) are more comfortable, the car itself has a more jarring ride over bumps, is noisier (road and wind), and the steering is twitchier. Probably the 997.2 and definitely the 991 are improved in the long-distance game. I'm talking straight interstate driving. On twisty roads I'd probably prefer the Porsche, but there aren't any of those in my state other than on a track.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:08 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,462 Likes on 4,118 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben Z
I must agree, however it's not about the seats. I also have an '08 base Corvette and while the seats in the Porsche (standard full power, supple leather) are more comfortable, the car itself has a more jarring ride over bumps, is noisier (road and wind), and the steering is twitchier. Probably the 997.2 and definitely the 991 are improved in the long-distance game. I'm talking straight interstate driving. On twisty roads I'd probably prefer the Porsche, but there aren't any of those in my state other than on a track.
Ben, if you have PASM you need to get the TPC DSC module where you can create a profile for the suspension in normal mode that is nice and soft, but can stiffen automatically when thrown into a turn (like an on-ramp), then have a second profile in sport mode that is for the track or more spirited twisty driving when that opportunity presents itself. I have no rubber bits left in my suspension (Tarett monoball top mounts, Bilstein Damptronics, full RSS Stage 2 suspension with adj sway bars and drop links), and with my DSC setup, I leave the shocks full soft up to 40% g-force load and then incrementally have them stiffen from there and my car is very smooth on long trips - 5-6 hours no problem at all. My mountain profile starts with the shocks stiffer and progressively stiffens them throughout the g-force range.

For those of you considering a 997, aside from the increased torque of the 3.8 over the 3.6, the S having PASM and this solution being available from TPC is reason enough to spend the extra money for the S.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:52 PM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb76
Ha? You don't drive you car in the rain? Come to Vancouver, won't be ever driving the car!
Lol, got me. Yes , I do drive it in the rain, just not when I can go out tomorrow and drive it on a dry day.......ya I could say I was lazy and didnt want to have to dry the car off, but then you make fun of me for saying that ....

And to think as I left the office and it was raining again , 2 out of the past 4 days , I said to myself......self, I am beginning to hate the rain.

Quick Reply: It just does everything right.