My first 911 - 06 997.1 C2S

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 11:56 PM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by markskyline
Hey everyone!

I recently picked up my first 911. This isn't my first Porsche as I have a Boxster 986 that I've had for a few years. It's an older Boxster and I've always liked to tinker/wrench/mod my cars so it was a quite fun taking on a few projects with her.

I've always wanted a 911 but just never really committed to finding one and would always look to see what was available. This month I found one that seemed pretty good and had a look at it. Turned out we have mutual friends and he was eager to sell to get a '13 Turbo.

I now have the feeling I should have had when I bought my first Porsche. I'm excited to drive her and find out all the things about the 997.1. This forum has been great with all the different threads and opinions.

The car came with 19" wheels, a carbon fiber steering wheel and yellow brakes. I'm an audio geek so first thing for me would be to upgrade the stereo, add some bass and a total cleanup of the paint and interior. I'll find some new wheels in the spring and currently not sure what engine mods I will do. The car has AWE tips but not sure if it's on the factory PSE. The car growls a bit but I'd like it a bit louder.

Looking forward to engaging with the community and trying to get as much driving in before I park her for the winter.

Very pretty . Just picked up my first Porsche today, a 2006 911 S Cabriolet in Arctic Silver / Black. Just posted about it.

Quick Reply: My first 911 - 06 997.1 C2S