Sponsored by:

AC Buttons & Radio Knobs

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 05:32 PM
Flat_Six_
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Default AC Buttons & Radio *****

Does anyone have an STL file for Porsche 997.1 radio ***** and AC buttons? I want to try printing a set on my buddy's 3D printer.

Another option would be the specs for the parts. That could be used to create an STL file.

http://www.climarepair.com/porsche-r...mate-unit-v-2/
Old 11-09-2017, 03:15 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts

Hi there!

We tried to use 3D printing technology in the past, but this technology does not offer enough quality for this application and best finish is desired for proper fitting and look.

Meanwhile, you can save time and efforts by ordering from our store the replacement switches, we offer a 20% discount for rennlist member using the code climalovesrenn

We are now serving our third generation switches (V3) which are a HUGE improvement over the first and second generation, we even have some official Porsche dealers installing them!

Best regards,
John
Old 11-09-2017, 06:08 PM
Flat_Six_
Racer

Hi John. Thank you very much for the response. I'll check them out.

We have a high quality 3D printer. It can print at .08 millimeters per line. It can include black and opaque finishing to allow the fan and temp signs to illuminate through the button. It would be fun to see how they turn out.

I'm certainly interested in buying a set and you were on my radar, but I was hoping to try printing them to see how they come out.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:22 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Flat_Six_
Hi John. Thank you very much for the response. I'll check them out.

We have a high quality 3D printer. It can print at .08 millimeters per line. It can include black and opaque finishing to allow the fan and temp signs to illuminate through the button. It would be fun to see how they turn out.

I'm certainly interested in buying a set and you were on my radar, but I was hoping to try printing them to see how they come out.
You are welcome!

When we tried, we used a .05mm per line printer (and not only one printer but several high-end printers...) Not good enough

Best regards,
John
Old 11-10-2017, 01:01 AM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 470 Likes on 168 Posts

I'd recommend reading this post in its entirety.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-a-fix-24.html
Old 11-10-2017, 02:11 AM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TheBruce

Is that solution a whole new manufacture button or just a paint work?
Old 11-10-2017, 04:14 PM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBruce

Particularly the part about the garbage switches Climarepair sold.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:11 PM
voiceprint1
Burning Brakes

Received 140 Likes on 94 Posts

Old 11-10-2017, 05:31 PM
Flat_Six_
Racer

Originally Posted by voiceprint1

But I still don't have an STL file...

Old 11-10-2017, 06:09 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cosm3os
Particularly the part about the garbage switches Climarepair sold.
Hey cosm3os, thanks for your unfortunate and objectionable remark. With V3 versión out there, we worked really hard since we released our first generation switches to offer a great solution for the peeling ****. Since we released V2, we didn’t have a single return request. As we said, we have some Porsche dealers and Indy shops installing our buttons worldwide, which tells a lot about how our product improved over time.

Hope you have a great day,
John
Old 09-02-2018, 02:10 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Feedback like this made our day

Attachment 1349463
Old 09-02-2018, 10:25 PM
bobs95
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com
Hey cosm3os, thanks for your unfortunate and objectionable remark. With V3 versión out there, we worked really hard since we released our first generation switches to offer a great solution for the peeling ****. Since we released V2, we didn’t have a single return request. As we said, we have some Porsche dealers and Indy shops installing our buttons worldwide, which tells a lot about how our product improved over time.

Hope you have a great day,
John
"Since we released V2, we didn’t have a single return request."

I received a set of the V2's last year and didn’t like the quality so asked to return them for a refund, which you refused; reading the other thread on AC switches shows I’m not the only customer who wanted to return their switches but were refused.

If you want to publish letters from satisfied customers, knock yourself out, but don’t write that no one has asked to return your products when it’s not true.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:46 PM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by bobs95

I received a set of the V2's last year and didn’t like the quality so asked to return them for a refund, which you refused; reading the other thread on AC switches shows I’m not the only customer who wanted to return their switches but were refused.

If you want to publish letters from satisfied customers, knock yourself out, but don’t write that no one has asked to return your products when it’s not true.
Wow, didn't take long to debunk that claim. Shame Porsche didn't get these ***** right. My SAAB with the soft touch rubberized paint also suffered from this problem. Turns to goo after a few years. Awful!
Old 09-03-2018, 04:49 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bobs95

Details are important, the day we wrote that sentence it was true, not a single return claim was made. You asked for a return AFTER we wrote that

Anyway, that was long time ago, V2 is a very old, discontinued product, so it just makes no sense to talk about it anymore (unless “haters gonna hate”).
Old 09-03-2018, 05:22 PM
bobs95
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com

Details are important, the day we wrote that sentence it was true, not a single return claim was made. You asked for a return AFTER we wrote that

Anyway, that was long time ago, V2 is a very old, discontinued product, so it just makes no sense to talk about it anymore (unless “haters gonna hate”).
Details ARE important: I asked to return my V2 switches for a refund on May 8, 2017; you replied to Cosm3os 6 months later stating no one has asked to return a V2 switch.
It's pretty simple -- the "hate" goes away when you stop writing false info on these threads. Publish letters from satisfied customers, talk about the improvements Climarapair has made and leave it at that.

Quick Reply: AC Buttons & Radio Knobs