Sponsored by:

something funny goin on...i think

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 03:40 AM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 77 Posts
Default something funny goin on...i think

no, it is strange, just replaced plugs and coil pacs and in replacing the driver side muffler i couldn't get the vacuum tube that connects the sport muffler valve re attached, as i find out now that i need to remove bumper cover to get to where i can reach and connect...anyway, the issue is when i am accelerating the throttle feels...twitchy?... like way too sensitive, a little less once she is warmed up, but still there, most noticeable in first, but still there...before i replaced the packs she was missing, but only slightly and only when cold, never had a code, still don't...i will do a throttle body calibration later today, in the meantime, any ideas? Macster? i am always hopeful when i see your input to a thread, a wealth of knowledge and much appreciated...and as always, tia, kk
Old 09-28-2017, 02:58 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,730 Likes on 4,282 Posts

I would disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and let the DME and ECU redo your fuel trims now that the plugs and coil packs are new. The car will eventually do this on it's own, but will do it much faster if you force it. Having a loose vacuum line on one or both sides for a PSE shouldn't cause you to feel a noticeable twitchiness when driving. Do you have Sport Chrono on your car - on my wife's car, I find the throttle too reactive/responsive in SC mode in most cases for street driving.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:11 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

Default is sport chrono the button on the dash

that turns on the suspension stiffener and the muffler enhancing... , if so, then yes, and as i read this i realize that i do have it and my acceleration is also too twitchy for me....
Old 09-28-2017, 03:14 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

Default AND i just did the throttle reset with the key on for 60 sec

and off and on, and it has helped... think i will go back to sq 1 though and disconnect the battery and maybe then do the throttle reset and all, thanks for the help
Old 09-28-2017, 03:22 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

Default i have also plugged the vacuum line so there is in essence no leak

anymore, i did that and drove the car, trying to see if things have an effect 1 by 1,as if i could really tell, but it did seem to help, placebo effect i'm guessing... anyway, there IS progress
Old 09-28-2017, 03:50 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,730 Likes on 4,282 Posts

Originally Posted by kkswow12
that turns on the suspension stiffener and the muffler enhancing... , if so, then yes, and as i read this i realize that i do have it and my acceleration is also too twitchy for me....
with sport chrono, you should have the timer pod on the dash and a sport button in the console. The sport button stiffens the suspension, puts the pse in sport (louder) mode, and more importantly increases throttle response, which could be interpreted as twitchiness. Does the car exhibit the same twirchiness when not in sport mode and drive like it did before the plug & coil pack change, but without the misfires?
Old 09-29-2017, 04:22 AM
kkswow12
Drifting

Default !!?

were you in the car and i couldn't see you?exactly man, exactly...so...whats it all about, alfie...?ref the old michael caine movie...
Originally Posted by Petza914
with sport chrono, you should have the timer pod on the dash and a sport button in the console. The sport button stiffens the suspension, puts the pse in sport (louder) mode, and more importantly increases throttle response, which could be interpreted as twitchiness. Does the car exhibit the same twirchiness when not in sport mode and drive like it did before the plug & coil pack change, but without the misfires?

Quick Reply: something funny goin on...i think