Sponsored by:

2007 Bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 05:34 PM
eculuke
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Bluetooth?

I am looking at a 2007 Carrera S and it has GPS just wondering if anybody can tell me if that year had bluetooth as an option?

Thanks
Old 09-06-2017, 06:10 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 382 Likes on 247 Posts

No bluetooth. Many ways to add it. Quick search here will show the threads.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:10 PM
Definitive Porsche Guides
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi eculuke, the new Bluetooth module (plus also USB/iPod connections, PCM3, etc) was first introduced with the gen-2 cars for the 2009MY. Hope this helps
Old 09-06-2017, 09:12 PM
911wally
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an 06 with Denison gateway500 for Bluetooth. It works good i also have iPod connection inthe glovebox. While I can't Bluetooth music I can plug my I phone in and get pandora.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:57 PM
Ben Z
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I put an iSimple Tranzit-Blu HF (~$100 including Euro-Motorola antenna cable adapter) in my .1 several years ago. Hands-free phone and music streaming, easy DIY install. There's someone else's how-to thread on it on here.
Recently it went bad and I had to replace it. Very inexpensive and a quick swap of the main unit only, re-used everything else. I'm not sure why it went bad, but I had wrapped it in foam wrap and stuffed it behind the PCM to keep it from rattling around and I suspect it may have cooked. Pure speculation. This time I didn't wrap it and just wedged it next to the leather kick panel where it has more air circulating around it.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:56 PM
Racetwin2
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

+1 for TranzIt Blu Isfm 2351. Streaming and hands free calls. Song info and caller ID in the PCM screen or gague cluster.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:27 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 577 Likes on 345 Posts

tranzit blu!!

Trending Topics

Old 09-08-2017, 12:16 PM
Appraiser
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just put in a Tranzit Blu a week ago, purchased from Amazon. Be sure to order the antenna cable. I went through discount stereo online for $11.98.

Install is easy but cumbersome. Insulate all wiring changes.

Sound quality is adequate. The mix is off and has almost a mono-fidelity to it. It doesn't get as 'loud' as radio or CD without clipping. Signal strength is great and I've yet to hear it distort. For the money ($100), it's great having your tunes available but I suspect the more expensive Denison has better audio quality.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:38 PM
alwayswantedone
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I also have the Dension unit. It works pretty well but for me, not anywhere as well as integrated units on newer cars. That's probably not a surprise. I can stream mp3 from my phone, youtube, whatever via BT and that part works well. The hands free on the phone is significantly sketchier, but passable. FWIW I have an Android phone so perhaps there's differences in quality depending on your phone. The mic placement is also a variable - mine is hidden on the side of the steering column, so not optimal. The unit came with the car when I bought it. If I was doing it myself, I'd probably try one of the newer, much lower cost options described by others here first. The Dension solution is several hundred if I recall correctly.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:52 PM
motopix
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Appraiser
I just put in a Tranzit Blu a week ago, purchased from Amazon. Be sure to order the antenna cable. I went through discount stereo online for $11.98.

Install is easy but cumbersome. Insulate all wiring changes.

Sound quality is adequate. The mix is off and has almost a mono-fidelity to it. It doesn't get as 'loud' as radio or CD without clipping. Signal strength is great and I've yet to hear it distort. For the money ($100), it's great having your tunes available but I suspect the more expensive Denison has better audio quality.

I haven't had any of those sound issues with the Tranzit Blu. Streaming Spotify sounds excellent and can get plenty loud with the windows down in my coupe.

I soldered the wiring in and wrapped the antenna adaptor cable connection in aluminum foil and electrical tape.
Old 09-08-2017, 03:15 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

You do have options if you have PCM 2.1 with telephone on/off buttons.

TranzItBlu (we sell), is a simple approach, but not full integration.

Dension CompactBT (we sell) similar to TranzIt but a few more features and full data to the cluster, and no need to tap the antenna port for install. Again, simple approach, uses BT and modulation but not full integration like the 500SBT.

Dension 500SBT (we sell) is full integration in the fiber optic loop, minimal (if any) signal loss, full bluetooth features and streaming/calls, USB and Aux (3.5mm) inputs direct to the system without disrupting the interior. Of all the products available, this will give you the most features for the least money.

NavTV and Mobridge make other products. They tend to cost more, and have fewer features. The Dension is applicable across many vehicle makes, so it is compatible with a lot of cars. Easy to update firmware as well so the units don't go obsolete next week. And it's been out long enough to get the kinks out. If instructions are followed for installation and setup, it works great.

Email us for any questions: info@bumperplugs.com

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 09-10-2017, 01:24 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 577 Likes on 345 Posts

i actually think the volume issue that some people are having is due to the phone itself. the i stream from my iphone6 to the 911, rx400h, or is250 re tranzit blu the audio is clear and identical to my mp3 discs about 99% of the time.... theyre may be the *rare* song where i hear a little bit of clipping but it's very very rare. there is a little clipping sometimes when having a phone conversation.

now when my wifes iphone7 is streaming music, the volume is noticeably lower. i genuinely believe its a phone issue.

another awesome feature is that all the data from an incoming caller name, as well as the song titles gets pushed onto your front display/pcm via the RDS technology.

Originally Posted by motopix
I haven't had any of those sound issues with the Tranzit Blu. Streaming Spotify sounds excellent and can get plenty loud with the windows down in my coupe.

I soldered the wiring in and wrapped the antenna adaptor cable connection in aluminum foil and electrical tape.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:09 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

I did a detailed TOOKIE BT installation on my 06 and it works well. Pairs as soon as I walk up to the car. Hands free, particularly nice with the multifunction wheels. Do a search and you can do it yourself with perhaps five common tools.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:58 AM
Joehatz
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 39 Posts

I have the Dension 500SBT and it works flawlessly.
Phone calls are crisp and clear, USB input is great and have Sirius Radio on the Aux port.
Streaming from my I-Phone in Bluetooth has no problems.
Had it installed by my local Porsche Dealer for around $150.00 as they had done a few before so was confident it would be installed correctly.
Turned it on and it hooked up to my phone right away.
Could not be happier except for maybe a Factory unit.
Eric-Plug Guy answers any queries you have promptly and gives excellent customer service.
All in all a great product from a great supplier.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:20 AM
Jlewis1436
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Joehatz
I have the Dension 500SBT and it works flawlessly.
Phone calls are crisp and clear, USB input is great and have Sirius Radio on the Aux port.
Streaming from my I-Phone in Bluetooth has no problems.
Had it installed by my local Porsche Dealer for around $150.00 as they had done a few before so was confident it would be installed correctly.
Turned it on and it hooked up to my phone right away.
Could not be happier except for maybe a Factory unit.
Eric-Plug Guy answers any queries you have promptly and gives excellent customer service.
All in all a great product from a great supplier.
OK, I will honestly say, I'm NOT an A/V person at all. Like to think I have some skill, but my car came with the 500BT already installed and it's TERRIBLE!

I got my phone to sync, I can hear calls through my stereo but need to talk into my phone? What's the point?

I can not for the LIFE OF ME get the music on my phone, saved files or say Pandora to play through it at all.

The AV jacks that were installed in the glove box when connected to the phone headphone jack can't be found on the head unit.

Now, I will agree that the issues COULD very well be user error! I've watched like 5 youtube videos and still can't get this thing to work correctly. The menu is NOT user friendly at all.

Quick Reply: 2007 Bluetooth?