Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not sure how much I'm saving on an oil change at this point...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 02:04 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by keinmitleid
Nice.

Well if it helps my man card, I need to buy a bigger tool bag, I have accumulated too many tools and the small one is overflowing and now my tools are scattered in various places (probably a big reason I lost my hex set).

I was soooo close to buying the biggest wheeling one at Home Depot, but held off (it also looked used and dirty) and wanted to check Amazon just in case.
You know I was kidding around, right?

Every Porsche owner needs a Snap-On cabinet...or two. If you can hold all of your tools in a bag, you don't have enough!
Old 08-17-2017, 02:21 PM
speedracerf4i
Pro

Received 179 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceter

Ha!!! little mistake can alter the meaning so much. I really meant "Turkey Baster" Very cool picture indeed.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:39 PM
speedracerf4i
Pro

Received 179 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by marky522
Ok, im not going to argue with you about it, i was just offering my professional input. But i would be happy to send you the note in the FSM specifically for the DFI cars stating you need to allow them to drain untill they drip for the exact reason i stated above, Porsche specifically says it can take up to an hour. I have dome thousands of these services.

Mark
My apologies Mark. I added a few proverbs and wording to my original post to reflect my true meaning. You're absolutely right, if you start the car up for whatever length of time, the oil will circulate and will take 45 min - 1 hour at least to completely drain out.

Quick Reply: Not sure how much I'm saving on an oil change at this point...