Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Lights Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 02:42 PM
love2drive
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

hmm, possible fuse issue or connection issue..

Originally Posted by Louis de Funes
I bought these of e-bay and installed them
http://www.ebay.com/itm/17pcs-white-...53.m2749.l2649

I bought two sets just in case

- they all work except the one in the glove compartment. Now even the original will not work. No clue what I did wrong in that regard

anybody have a clue ?
Old 07-29-2017, 03:26 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Sounds like a lot of issues. I prefer the warmth of the incandescent lights of my cockpit (and trunk) so I had not looked into these. With all these problems I think I'll continue to stay away!
Old 07-29-2017, 03:34 AM
love2drive
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Sounds like a lot of issues. I prefer the warmth of the incandescent lights of my cockpit (and trunk) so I had not looked into these. With all these problems I think I'll continue to stay away!
I must agree with you.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:15 AM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
+1... I've found that generally LED is over-hyped in all forms and even for home use ONLY highest quality LEDs with 3000K temp and HIGH color rendering are good enough to replace Halogen. Any of the Chinese made crap and cheap stuff in Home Depot or Costco make me feel sick and the light is of very poor quality.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:34 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 577 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb76
+1... I've found that generally LED is over-hyped in all forms and even for home use ONLY highest quality LEDs with 3000K temp and HIGH color rendering are good enough to replace Halogen. Any of the Chinese made crap and cheap stuff in Home Depot or Costco make me feel sick and the light is of very poor quality.
Agreed completely. It also HAS to be warm 3000k color temp lights. The cold 5600k blue color looks horrid. I have no clue why some poorly managed multi-million dollar house builds use the blue ones, looks (and feels) dreadful:
Old 07-29-2017, 01:50 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 382 Likes on 247 Posts

Had no issues with the SunCoast ones besides fixing the socket. Really like the improvement in lighting and seems more updated to me.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:48 AM
user 72902
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I consider myself lucky as both my LED interior lights and sport cats went in with no an issues.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:49 PM
997GTScab
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed the Suncoast kit today in my 12 GTS 6M cabriolet... and also have the same problem with the glove box light and the engine compartment. Old engine compartment light works, but no go in the glove box. (All others work as intended). I did have to learn to get the LED seated in the little metal housings. ...just tighten the little clips that held the bulb in place once you get the housing open. I had momentary success with the glove box but now nothing. I heard there was “a reset” for the glove box on another forum. No other info available yet if that’s true.

It’s a great upgrade and I’m pretty happy with the result.

Also installing the Suncoast LED kit on my 955 Cayenne S Titanium, no problems yet; did half the job today and will finish in the morning. One odd thing is that, according to the packing slip, the kit was supposed to include a 41mm LED, but it wasn’t there. Suncoast support is usually good, but both kits came with ZERO instructions or documentation, so good luck! You’re on your own...with YouTube as a pretty good backup.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:10 AM
BER
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

997GTSCab,

Glad to hear you are pleased with the LED kit. I really like the LED lighting in my 2012 C2S.

There must be some electrical "quirk" that causes problems with the glovebox and engine compartment lights. I am fortunate in that only my engine LED did not work; the glove box LED works fine. I have stopped trying to get the LED to work in the engine compartment. My luck is I will fidget with it to much and then it will stop working even with the OEM incandescent bulb! Time to call "Uncle" and move on.

To Suncoast's credit, they did send me a replacement LED for the engine compartment, but it did not work either. I also tried an LED from another company and again "no joy".

I would suggest to Suncoast that they may want to make up a simple set of instructions to help folks with the installation. Especially, the fact that most of the LED bulbs are not properly seated in their sockets and that LED bulbs are sensitive to polarity problems if not installed properly.

Happy New Year!
Old 12-29-2017, 11:33 AM
RodneyB
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I just finished installing all 10 lights in my 997.1 Turbo and all replacements went in without issues. I do like the new look and it lights things up inside the car better and looks more modern in my opinion. I used the USP LEDs.
https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Light...SABEgJCCPD_BwE

Quick Reply: LED Lights Kit