Sponsored by:

Craigslist, EBay and Other Online Finds

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 01:52 PM
s65e90
Race Car

Received 822 Likes on 570 Posts

Originally Posted by HardHitter
I will only respond to you once and will ignore any further posts directed to me.

I'm sorry you seek out any post I make across Rennlist, 6speed or Facebook to try to build your car up. I am buying the car in that thread I posted, which has the same documented maintenance, more mods, less miles, is priced right and a owner who is a pleasure to work with.

At the end of the day, regardless of which car I buy, there is no reason why anyone should come off as sounding like they have an attitude. Since the beginning of my search, I've let you know up front that I was not interested in your car multiple times. Yet you continue to seek out my posts, speak negatively about any car I post about (even when it wasn't a car I was looking to buy: see example above) and then post why your car is better than another.

I would never buy from you because of the way you represent yourself and speak down to people.

Thanks for the well wishes and I wish you luck in your sale.

"Since the beginning of my search, I've let you know up front that I was not interested in your car multiple times". - You posted the description of my car as your WTB thread, lol. EXACTLY the same.

Last e90 m3 I sold, buyer traveled to me and later emailed me saying it was the BEST used car he had ever purchased. I have bought/sold 35+ cars. I am not in the business of screwing people. As a business man first, you put me off by saying that my car is worth less (via message no less) and that I should lower the price to accommodate the fact that it would cost you @$2k to ship it. Think about that statement. I should lower the price because of your logistics, LOL. That's not how this works. I have no ill intentions towards you at all, and I really do wish well in your car search. Believe me I don't seek out your silly posts either, they're every where. You post tons asking to learn. Try listening more.

Again, deals are done when people pick up the phone to speak like normal. You don't lowball someone via message, but I guess this is what the internet has done to transactions. It's just sad really.

Again, good luck.
Old 01-31-2017, 01:55 PM
HardHitter
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by s65e90
"Since the beginning of my search, I've let you know up front that I was not interested in your car multiple times". - You posted the description of my car as your WTB thread, lol. EXACTLY the same.

Last e90 m3 I sold, buyer traveled to me and later emailed me saying it was the BEST used car he had ever purchased. I have bought/sold 35+ cars. I am not in the business of screwing people. As a business man first, you put me off by saying that my car is worth less (via message no less) and that I should lower the price to accommodate the fact that it would cost you @$2k to ship it. Think about that statement. I should lower the price because of your logistics, LOL. That's not how this works. I have no ill intentions towards you at all, and I really do wish well in your car search. Believe me I don't seek out your silly posts either, they're every where. You post tons asking to learn. Try listening more.

Again, deals are done when people pick up the phone to speak like normal. You don't lowball someone via message, but I guess this is what the internet has done to transactions. It's just sad really.

Again, good luck.
Proof and point.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:47 PM
Yinzer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://auto-palace.porschedealer.co...etallic+776154

Still for sale by me. I drove it over the summer, used to be 53k. I felt it needed tires, brakes, and was still throwing a code for the spoiler they said they fixed. Salesmans stated it has a tune to about 600hp and a light fended bender, safe to assume he isn't being fully honest.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:37 PM
HardHitter
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Another higher mileage car but looks clean with proper mods and price. If anyone is interested, let me know and I can take a look at it.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5983040409.html
Old 02-01-2017, 11:06 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 515 Likes on 346 Posts

Wow, are the 100k+ mile cars now going for ~$40k? Seems to me that those were low $30k cars....
Old 02-01-2017, 11:40 AM
Road King
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by docwyte
Wow, are the 100k+ mile cars now going for ~$40k? Seems to me that those were low $30k cars....
This is escalating quickly....!
Old 02-01-2017, 12:00 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 515 Likes on 346 Posts

Makes me wonder as I still see most of those "high" mileage cars selling for $32kish
Old 02-01-2017, 12:05 PM
motopt22
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My first post, sorry if Ive made any errors. Ive never posted on forums before.
Im also on the hunt for a 996TT.

@Yinzer I have called and spoken to that dealer twice about the car. Both times I got different answers to the same questions, and both times I was lied to about the price and what they owned it for and would sell it for. It also shows accident damage so im skipping that one.

This one I dont think I can afford but want to share with everyone looking, as it looks pretty cool and up for sale via auction soon.

https://www.leakecar.com/vehicle/289...e-911-Turbo-S/

Good luck!
Old 02-01-2017, 06:15 PM
Yinzer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by motopt22

@Yinzer I have called and spoken to that dealer twice about the car. Both times I got different answers to the same questions, and both times I was lied to about the price and what they owned it for and would sell it for. It also shows accident damage so im skipping that one.

This one I dont think I can afford but want to share with everyone looking, as it looks pretty cool and up for sale via auction soon.

Good luck!
Yeah I like the car but I'd pass too unless the PPI somehow came back positive. What #s were they quoting you?
Old 02-01-2017, 07:12 PM
Road King
Three Wheelin'

This one I don't think I can afford but want to share with everyone looking, as it looks pretty cool and up for sale via auction soon.

Good luck!
Interesting car...it's a 2002, so it's definitely not a Turbo S as they were only produced in 2005. Looks to be a souped up '02. Hard to tell the details without seeing the option sticker under the frunk.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:21 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,805 Likes on 1,504 Posts

Originally Posted by Road King
Interesting car...it's a 2002, so it's definitely not a Turbo S as they were only produced in 2005. Looks to be a souped up '02. Hard to tell the details without seeing the option sticker under the frunk.
Actually, not that hard to tell details... Run the Vin!

While there technically weren't 'Turbo S' cars made before 2005, a Turbo S was simply a Turbo with the X50 package and PCCB's, both of which this car has (plus some minor extra trim bits included...)

While I could live without the aftermarket body kit, and definitely live without the accident history, and certainly live without the green leather, that is one loaded Turbo for a 2002! In addition to the performance bits, they went crazy with leather and carbon, as well as PTS exterior and interior... Super cool to have leather interior-to-sample, but I sure wish they picked a nicer color combo?? Whatever your tastes, somebody dumped TONS of money into that car!

----

Just did some more searching on that vin... Looks like it was also sold at auction last year by leake for $62,700 + buyers premium, reported by sportscarmarket.com. No way I'd touch it for anywhere near that price...

Attached Images  

Last edited by pfbz; 02-01-2017 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:36 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,471 Likes on 1,560 Posts

This cream puff will be available in south Florida.

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/event...=FL17&ID=r0035
Old 02-01-2017, 08:54 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

it looks pretty cool and up for sale via auction soon.

Good luck!
it does look well modded and nowhere near stock. but it's not a "2002 turboS". that's for sure. could be a great car though. not cheap parts.

add: just saw that build sheet. someone will be happy even if they dont want pccb's ha
Old 02-02-2017, 09:48 AM
motopt22
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Yinzer
Yeah I like the car but I'd pass too unless the PPI somehow came back positive. What #s were they quoting you?
When I first called I was told : " we own the car for $47,500 and need to make a small profit and sell it for $48,500"

As I became more interested and called back the same individual then told me while typing into the computer " looks like we own the car for $46,029, we will sell this for $46,529 as we need to make a little profit".

The next day my cars.com app alerted me that is was lowered from $49,995 to $46,998.

For me personally the lying, coupled with carfax accident history make this a deal breaker unless the price was $40k!
Old 02-02-2017, 11:39 AM
Road King
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by pfbz
Actually, not that hard to tell details... Run the Vin!

While there technically weren't 'Turbo S' cars made before 2005, a Turbo S was simply a Turbo with the X50 package and PCCB's, both of which this car has (plus some minor extra trim bits included...)

While I could live without the aftermarket body kit, and definitely live without the accident history, and certainly live without the green leather, that is one loaded Turbo for a 2002! In addition to the performance bits, they went crazy with leather and carbon, as well as PTS exterior and interior... Super cool to have leather interior-to-sample, but I sure wish they picked a nicer color combo?? Whatever your tastes, somebody dumped TONS of money into that car!

----

Just did some more searching on that vin... Looks like it was also sold at auction last year by leake for $62,700 + buyers premium, reported by sportscarmarket.com. No way I'd touch it for anywhere near that price...

I've never seen a 2002 with the MSRP that high. Wow. Too bad the car was modded with a body kit etc as this would definitely be a future collectible.

Quick Reply: Craigslist, EBay and Other Online Finds