Sponsored by:

Battery Location 996 TT - Madness

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 06:47 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Craigy
I enjoy these types of threads. It's seemingly minutiae but it's interesting nevertheless.

Putting the tire inside the cabin makes me think a plug kit and inflator with some sealant as backup is probably a better option. There's always the telephone when all else fails.
Yes.. I agree the sealant is the BEST option.

Originally Posted by rmc1148
I have to admit it would need to be an emergency situation for me to put the tire in my car, bag or no bag lol= to much of a chance of scuffing leather etc!
Good point. The OEM wheels will not fit the Frunk. Only place to go is in the car. If the car has 4 people inside, you are Fked. Again Dock's idea is flawed.

Best case scenario, just got call a tire shops. Tow your car to dealer ...dunnoy a million things one can do.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:23 PM
petonic
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
That said. The airbag can cause more harm then good...it just depends whom you ask. The 996 T spare wheel does NOT work if you have the PCCB's.
Not true. I've used my 996TTx50 compact spare with my PCCBs. I just made sure that I used my alignment rods on the lugnut threads. It was a front tire that **** the bed (rather, ran over a 2x4 and dented the rim).

Quick Reply: Battery Location 996 TT - Madness