Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GP Automotive Renewal Service: Clear Film/Console Repaint - Mika_Hakkinen's 996TT cab

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 01:15 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 733 Likes on 387 Posts

[QUOTE=bobs95;10619831]
Originally Posted by MoeMistry

Moe--sorry about the size of the pics. I can re-size them tonight to give you a better idea of how big they are. The installer did use the self healing XPEL material and told me scratches and nicks in the bra would go away when it was left out in the sun--still waiting for that to happen. Don't know what they used to wax the bra the last time I brought it in but it's due for a re-wax and I can find out.

I've also seen several areas where it's lifting off--the bottom of the side view mirror and the side of one of the radiator openings. Is this related to the XPEL material, or a craftsmanship issue?
What shop did your work?

I'd highly recommend going back and showing them the areas you're concerned about. Give them an opportunity to make things right. If it's a quality shop, they'll care about their name and reputation and will make you happy
Old 07-21-2013, 04:10 AM
bobs95
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=MoeMistry;10624334]
Originally Posted by bobs95

What shop did your work?

I'd highly recommend going back and showing them the areas you're concerned about. Give them an opportunity to make things right. If it's a quality shop, they'll care about their name and reputation and will make you happy
At this point I don't want to mention their name--they came highly recommended and I'm going to give them a chance to fix these issues first. I'm also working with a representative of XPEL Technologies to get resolution.

I attached a smaller pic of the scratch and hope to be able to get clear pics of the nicks. You asked if this was XPEL Ultimate; I checked the receipt and it lists the material as XPEL, not XPEL Ultimate. When I got a verbal quote they mentioned several times the material they used was XPEL, and was "self-healing".

I'll let you know how this turns out.
Attached Images  
Old 07-24-2013, 02:16 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts

Judging from the pictures, is looks as if the scratches may be deep enough that they went through the self healing clear coat. We have contacted the original installer on Bob's behalf and they said they'd be more than happy to take care of it.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Moe - you come to south fla I'll be waiting in your parking lot!

Quick Reply: GP Automotive Renewal Service: Clear Film/Console Repaint - Mika_Hakkinen's 996TT cab