Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking at 911 Turbo to buy

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 07:36 PM
Misplacedyankee
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

The dealer may have said original owner won't talk so you won't cut dealer out if the deal. Car I bought was on consignment but I did a deal direct with owner for thousands less. Just a thought on that comment.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:28 PM
Red Turbo
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all this info. Here is a link to some Pic. I'm going to see if I can locate a good non Porsche Dealer to do a complete inspection on the car tomorrow. I think there may be a couple of Porsche Performance shops in the area that may have a better understanding as to how this can is set up and anything I should be concerned about. If not I may just walk away.

http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/RedTurbo1/library/
Old 03-31-2013, 11:02 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

that thing is great! it's a bit too red for me, but hey. how can you walk away from that car..? if you're in the market? my gut says it's a winner. remember.. if it's that clean and a good tech tell ya it's "ok"?

it';s good for 300k miles. looking just like that. though i';d change the wheels.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:38 AM
Silberwolfen
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Turbo
Thanks for all this info. Here is a link to some Pic. I'm going to see if I can locate a good non Porsche Dealer to do a complete inspection on the car tomorrow. I think there may be a couple of Porsche Performance shops in the area that may have a better understanding as to how this can is set up and anything I should be concerned about. If not I may just walk away.

http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/RedTurbo1/library/
The car looks great, and the prior owner obviously dumped some cash into the vehicle. It looks like a lot of the leg-work has been done for you in terms of modding it out (at least visually). I think it looks awesome. I would have definitely considered this car without a doubt.

I'll just pass this little bit of wisdom on to you---make sure you get as much information on the modification as you can. I say this strongly because another one of our 996T brothers here (I won't say names) recently purchased one that was pretty well modified and he was not really happy with it. I won't say anything more about his specific car out of respect to him---if he chooses to chime in then great. But, make sure that you know what was done to it as best as you can. It will be well worth your while to have a PPI done on the car so that you can have an expert inspect what was done to the car---the things that you can't see. If it checks out then jump on it for sure.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Greg A
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
There is a low milage 996TT listed in this months PCA mag for low $40k.
I called and emailed the seller for a friend of mine multiple times. No response.

Greg A
Old 04-01-2013, 02:25 PM
cannon1000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$42000 - will negotiate.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...rbo-w-x50.html
Old 04-02-2013, 11:29 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,618 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg A
I called and emailed the seller for a friend of mine multiple times. No response.

Greg A
It might be sold.

PCA "For Sale" listings show up on the PCA website sometimes a month or two before they appear in the magazine. Check the PCA website market place section daily. A low mileage 996TT for low $40k will sell fast

Also have you tried cars.com? I found my 996TT on there a couple of years ago. I had to travel a little to inspect the car and drive it home but I got a great deal and great car so it was worth it.

Try this link:
http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...les&sf2Dir=ASC
Old 04-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Greg A
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
It might be sold.

PCA "For Sale" listings show up on the PCA website sometimes a month or two before they appear in the magazine. Check the PCA website market place section daily. A low mileage 996TT for low $40k will sell fast

Also have you tried cars.com? I found my 996TT on there a couple of years ago. I had to travel a little to inspect the car and drive it home but I got a great deal and great car so it was worth it.

Try this link:
http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...les&sf2Dir=ASC
Thank you for the suggestions. My suspicion is that the car was sold as well, but I thought the seller would at least confirm that with a quick note or call. I am not looking, I am only helping out my friend when he finds a car he thinks he might want to pursue.

Greg A

Quick Reply: Looking at 911 Turbo to buy