Sponsored by:

RUF Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 02:21 PM
911-AL
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin
Pete, I have repaired a RUF exhaust that was on a 996 GT2. I removed all the components similar to what you did with your STOCK exhaust break down. NOTHING changes with the RUF system internally. The twin outlet pipes ARE stock 62 to 63mm diameter. They just dog-leg to get the other four pipe tip. The clamshell is removed. A 200 cell cat replaces the 2 cartridges on the stock system. If you look at one of the pictures that Kerrage posted. You can see the a "inner" tube in the exhaust tip. this is the tru diameter. The outer exhaust tip is a outer sleeve and NOT the actual tubing diameter.

The stock exhaust is restrictive. The RUF system is restritive. It is LESS restrictive than the stock system however>> the internal piping is still 62 to 63mm. If someone want a GREAT system. They need to remove the TWO endcaps from the tuning tubes AND most important, increase the outlet pipe from 62mm to 70 or 75mm!!!

Pete can tell "US" how many hours he spent in cutting apart the stock exhaust>> "X"??

Riddle>> One of the best Porsche aftermarket exhaust manufactures has redesigned the stock exhaust exactly how I have described with GREAT results...

First, he diminishes the credibility and design of the RUF product. Then, in the last line he's plugging either speedtech or PBK. I just don't think trolling threads for the sake of your own agenda is cool. That's my .02.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 304 Likes on 210 Posts

Customers and non customers will know that I recommend the Europipe Stage 2 Quiet or Stage 2 Loud. I have nothing against the exhaust that Kerrage is selling. Read my post number 5...

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turb...t-exhaust.html

The problems is, there are folks that have bought used exhaust systems to find out that the cats have failed. The pay good money on the used system, and labor to install the system. They have zero recourse. My suggestion when buying a used exhaust is to get a "in" writing statement that monies would be returned if the CEL comes on within "x" amount of time.. If someone wants to email me, I can give you a list of the TOP ten offenders. One gets on the list, when customers and non customers ask me to CODE there ECU to remove the CEL when they have installed the failed exhaust system.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:06 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 911-AL
First, he diminishes the credibility and design of the RUF product. Then, in the last line he's plugging either speedtech or PBK. I just don't think trolling threads for the sake of your own agenda is cool. That's my .02.
I'd have to say your two cents is worthless. Al, what is your agenda?

Kevin is clearly giving his opinion of the RUF exhaust (and I have read this by multiple other posters on multiple sites). He has no agenda that I can see other then to clearly "warn" potential buyers to be aware of the possible problems with aftermarket exhausts (e.g., RUF). AFAIK, folks choose RUF because it's dB and drone are very close to the stock muffler....not to decrease back pressure, increase dB or improve performance characteristics.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:13 PM
911-AL
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin
Customers and non customers will know that I recommend the Europipe Stage 2 Quiet or Stage 2 Loud. I have nothing against the exhaust that Kerrage is selling. Read my post number 5...

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turb...t-exhaust.html

The problems is, there are folks that have bought used exhaust systems to find out that the cats have failed. The pay good money on the used system, and labor to install the system. They have zero recourse. My suggestion when buying a used exhaust is to get a "in" writing statement that monies would be returned if the CEL comes on within "x" amount of time.. If someone wants to email me, I can give you a list of the TOP ten offenders. One gets on the list, when customers and non customers ask me to CODE there ECU to remove the CEL when they have installed the failed exhaust system.
I have gone through quite a few 996TT's as well as exhausts. I don't see why you jump in on all the threads. Have any exhaust that i've sold caused CEL's for customers of yours? If so, I would've made it right but I've never been contacted.

I guess I get your point regarding how used cats would have a higher possibility of failure vs. a new cat but it's not a certainty. The only point I was looking to make is why jump in on Kerrage's or someone else's thread with negative sentiment if it's not warranted?
Old 02-17-2013, 05:50 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

seems like you have informed us of your "agenda"...LOL
Old 02-17-2013, 09:13 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

^ Indeed.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:49 PM
Kerrage
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya so if I could get my thread back that be great, Thanks Al for defending my thread a little, I had no real issue with the posts myself, although Kevin thanks for coming out and warning people on possibe failed used exhausts may appear as a heroic comment but posting that in my thread I cant help feel a little personal as I would NEVER sell a failed exhaust, this is the first exhaust I have ever sold on here and certainly I would make it right if there was an issue...but guess what my exhaust has few kms on it and worked great on my car and is mint.
Wross911 yes RUF does have low drone and actually does increae HP too not crazy like X pipe systems but it does and it doesnt have the crazy drone that comes with that....

but okok if I actually have to defend the quality of RUF it speaks to the quality of my audience..everyone likes exhaust for different reasons and we all know RUF products are certainly high quality and sound great and look great...thats kinda why I attachec pics and a video lol

Certainly no hard feelings on my end I have had a lot of interested in my exhaust just need to get back to everyone on it.

Thanks all
Old 04-18-2013, 01:17 PM
Kerrage
Instructor

Still for sale!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:15 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,704 Likes on 993 Posts

Originally Posted by Kerrage
Still for sale!
How much are you asking for this? I have a local guy that might be interested depending on the price...

Thx...
Old 04-21-2013, 10:30 PM
rapidtransit
2nd Gear

how old is your ruf muffler and how much are u asking US dollars
Old 04-24-2013, 10:24 AM
Kerrage
Instructor

The exhaust is actually quite new, I only have 40k on my car and it was installed around the 17k range.

I asked $2500.. but I will take now $2000.00 lowest ill go and am willing to ship at cost to buyer.

Thanks Guys!
Old 07-13-2015, 07:22 PM
calandri
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pete95zhn
Kevin, thanks for the info! I thought/hoped that RUF had added that other pipe to vent directly from the chamber after the cat.

Even though those endcaps are removed it's still restrictive, because they're just 45mm in diameter. That'll make just an area equal of one 63mm pipe and opening the outlet pipe to 75mm just adds noise without increasing flow.
Still done this way (and with 100 cell cats) it's still way better than OEM and adequate for moderately tuned engines.
I d like to recall this post as I believe is interesting for possible mods!

what do you mean by end caps?
Old 12-18-2019, 05:24 PM
Rennie Renshaw
7th Gear

Let me know if still available
Old 12-18-2019, 06:11 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,843 Likes on 2,927 Posts

This last post, before yours, is four and a half years old... I suspect it has been sold.
The following users liked this post:
PaleAle (12-21-2019)
Old 12-18-2019, 07:27 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,461 Posts

I hate when I start reading a "new" thread and realize half way through it was just a necro-bump of an item listed for sale seven years ago!

Quick Reply: RUF Exhaust