Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Observations from a new owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 12:37 PM
JohnInTexas
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL! Thanks Quadcammer but the Solara had no easy options...not even pulling fuses or relays. I finally found a reference and completed a solution that took removing the radio and cutting a single wire from a wad of wires behind the dash. Now my lights don't remain on all the time. It's reaaallly hard to turn your lights off if they stay on all the time. This is a topic for a toootally separate forum but I have used the old "on-off, on-off" lights signal to alert other drivers of hazards in the roadway....deer, pets, garbage, wrecks, etc. In the daytime, a high-beam, low-beam flash can convey the same message but at night, people will get mad and flash you back to let you know they most certainly do not have their high beams on Before daytime running lights, the two signals had different meanings. Am I emotional about this?, absolutely, but I'm smiling so you can tell me I'm full of it and I'll get over it some day.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:21 AM
Dans996tt
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finished the garage door opener mod using a Targa switch in the unused rear window location, my boys and I think it looks great. Next item is some kind of small pad I can use to soften the door arm rest but small enough to fit in the same storage compartment. Some of you mentioned not using it but i'm 6'2" with 37" arms so when gripping the wheel at the TIP switch location my elbow still rests on the armrest.

Dan
Old 12-31-2012, 11:36 AM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 776 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by Dans996tt
Some of you mentioned not using it...
I'm the same size; I just avoid resting my arm on the door rest.

Quick Reply: Observations from a new owner