Sponsored by:

Thanks for the advice: my new (to me) '04 X50

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 01:27 PM
SammyTownPfan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, guys.

Kevinmacd - actually, the pictures up above were taken at Metropolitan Detail just after they did a clear film to the entire front of the car (bumper, full hood, front fenders back to the doors, rocker panels and the hips (up to the air inlets). What amazes me is that I can't see the difference between the front fender (which has film) and the door (which does not).

My winter wheels and tires arrived yesterday and I installed them at home last night. Going to pick up some black center caps today to finish it off for for the winter wheel / tire set up.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:43 PM
The NSX dude
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Out of curiosty, where did you find that car? Im living on Cars.com, autotrader, rennlist, pelican, ebay, sloan, holt auto sales and every other website I know and still cant find something like this.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:29 PM
SammyTownPfan
Advanced

Originally Posted by The NSX dude
Out of curiosty, where did you find that car? Im living on Cars.com, autotrader, rennlist, pelican, ebay, sloan, holt auto sales and every other website I know and still cant find something like this.
I found it on SF Bay Craigslist three weeks ago tomorrow. I had a few CL searches set up along the west coast for Atlas Grey or Midnight X50 TTs and this was flagged to me. I mailed the owner and we talked that night. Hashed out the price in about 48 hours and then had PPI done. I've certainly had my best luck both buying and selling cars via CL. To be sure, I've literally looked for the right TT for two years but that was due (in large part) to my super strict criteria: had to be Atlas or Midnight, only black interior, had to have X50, had to have heated seats, had to be under 30k miles, etc, etc.

You are searching in all the right places. If you are not already a PCA member, they have a pretty good classified section as well on their site.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:06 PM
detailjohn
Former Vendor

That car is FANTASTIC
Old 11-17-2012, 02:03 AM
Nikon FM
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SammyTownPfan
I found it on SF Bay Craigslist three weeks ago tomorrow. I had a few CL searches set up along the west coast for Atlas Grey or Midnight X50 TTs and this was flagged to me. I mailed the owner and we talked that night. Hashed out the price in about 48 hours and then had PPI done. I've certainly had my best luck both buying and selling cars via CL. To be sure, I've literally looked for the right TT for two years but that was due (in large part) to my super strict criteria: had to be Atlas or Midnight, only black interior, had to have X50, had to have heated seats, had to be under 30k miles, etc, etc.

You are searching in all the right places. If you are not already a PCA member, they have a pretty good classified section as well on their site.
Congratulations on the purchase! I'm pretty close to you via some fun back roads. Are you planning to run HPDE with the Porsche club come Spring? Great fun, great bunch of people!
Old 11-19-2012, 01:01 PM
SammyTownPfan
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nikon FM
Congratulations on the purchase! I'm pretty close to you via some fun back roads. Are you planning to run HPDE with the Porsche club come Spring? Great fun, great bunch of people!
Thanks. Yes, I'm a PNWR member and will definitely be coming out in the spring. I used to drive my 996 4S 2-3 DE days a year. Looking forward to trying out the TT!
Old 11-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Receiver
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Enjoy. The car will be a hoot in the snow if you can find some in Wash. Just put my snows on for my 3rd winter.

It seems that good cars are getting harder and harder to find. I'm keeping mine till she dies. Will be a real problem replacing her when the time comes.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:13 AM
Nikon FM
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SammyTownPfan
Thanks. Yes, I'm a PNWR member and will definitely be coming out in the spring. I used to drive my 996 4S 2-3 DE days a year. Looking forward to trying out the TT!
Cool. Look for 098 I used to drive a black 370Z during the HPDE days…….now the 996TT,,,,,,,,,,,oh how I like my 996TT

Quick Reply: Thanks for the advice: my new (to me) '04 X50