Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission oil cooling kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012 | 03:30 AM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Default Transmission oil cooling kit

I'm about to drop of my car to get the coolant hoses welded and figured I'd get an LSD installed at the same time which will necessitate the installation of a gearbox cooler. I've researched on line but can't really find what I'm looking for. Does anyone know is someone out there has put together a comprehensive all inclusive oil cooler kit for the 996tt? I've talked to Gbox and they can sell you a pump and cooler but you have to source the lines, this, that and other. It would be great if someone would put a kit together for this purpose, maybe something along the lines of what Evoms has done with the GT2 conversion kit. Hint, hint, anyone out there listening? Also, if anyone out there has installed one in their car, any pictures would be appreciated. I've seen the informative write up by Mikelly and Al Norton showing the various pieces zip tied all over the place but I was wondering if someone has done this with some brackets resulting in a cleaner more "factory" install.. It seems that it would be ideal to have the radiator and pump located sin the same general are as the factory does it on the GT2/3 especially if you are retaining the AWD and don't have space in the drive shaft tunnel.
Old 05-31-2012 | 03:36 AM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

duplicate post....
Old 05-31-2012 | 06:44 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Have you priced the GT2/GT3 conversion parts? The factory boxes have a spray bar running down the gearbox. If you aren't breaking down and repairing your gearbox, drill the diff side plate down low for the pickup and use the side fill plug as the return and be done with it. Again the factory parts are nice, but extremely expensive. The pump is built into the housings. You would also need to CNC the rear housing for the bearings> AWD output shaft.

Quick Reply: Transmission oil cooling kit