Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a little help and direction_Heater Control Valve location?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 11:54 PM
kennyPride
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a little help and direction_Heater Control Valve location?

I need some help in locating the "heater control valve" for my TT Tip. I'm thinking the valve might be shut open and not allowing my A/C to cool. Does anyone know where the heater control valve is located and maybe a diagram. Thanks Kenny with an AC problem.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:19 AM
jpflip
Three Wheelin'

Received 181 Likes on 146 Posts

You should download the repair manual and you will found all the info you want in it starting at page 1056...But this valve does not fail often and I think you should look at your a/c clutch if it is engaging. If it is not may be the coolant level is low....

Manual download: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...p-manuals.html
Old 08-14-2011, 12:49 PM
kennyPride
Instructor

thanks jp. Yes I'm not sure whats my AC problem, but I can see the comressor is turning and the aux fan in front turns on when I select the A/C button, but no cool air??? Car runs at just above 180 steady and I understand the compressor would not kick on if the freon was too low, so what then heck is it?? Signed, Kenny all hot under the collar.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:35 PM
jpflip
Three Wheelin'

Yes I agree if the level of coolant was low you would not have the compressor clutch engaging. Also the fans for the condensor would not start....Do you have access to Durametric, PST2 or PIWIS may be you got a code generated by a system. You should also look at your temp sensor item # 2 on the picture located inside the right hand vent....
Attached Images   
Old 08-14-2011, 01:51 PM
jpflip
Three Wheelin'

Also the best way to know if your a/c system basically works is by touching the lines on the right hand side of the battery. They should become almost immediately cold after switching the a/c "on"....
Attached Images  
Old 08-14-2011, 08:37 PM
kennyPride
Instructor

Now more questions to my A/C problem. Although the compressor and aux fan turn on the A/C lines (pictured) are not cold??? This tells me it's not my heater valve control as the lines would be cold. Any other tests I can perform to narrow the cause? signed still searching for a cool breeze. Kenny
Old 08-14-2011, 09:07 PM
jpflip
Three Wheelin'

I think it is time for you to get a good purge of the system and fresh coolant refilled....Not too expensive and eliminate other possible options.... Your refrigerant is probably contaminated....
Old 08-14-2011, 10:27 PM
kennyPride
Instructor

I have an appointment tomorrow at our local Indie (SGS Porsche). I'll let you know what they find. But I'm still scratching my head as the air was fine last month...
kenny
Old 08-16-2011, 09:22 PM
kennyPride
Instructor

Just got the TT back with cool air. For $300 the shop evacuated and recharge the A/C and changed the expansion valve. No leaks detected. Now I hope thats all it was for my 10 yr old TT, but I have a 11 yr old BMW thats as cold as the day I bought it...

Quick Reply: Need a little help and direction_Heater Control Valve location?