Sponsored by:

Durametric software question

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 07:52 PM
joelesmith
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Durametric software question

I hooked up the Durametric cable and was going to play around with the instrument cluster on a 2001 996 turbo. First, I couldn't get anything to test. fuel wouldn't go from 1/2 to full, Temp would not respond. Second, when I quit the program and disconnected the cable the turbo boost readout was gone. I can't get it on the bottom readout or the top readout. When I go to the top readout, it isn't even one of the display options. Anybody have any ideas?
Joel
Old 07-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 254 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by joelesmith
I hooked up the Durametric cable and was going to play around with the instrument cluster on a 2001 996 turbo. First, I couldn't get anything to test. fuel wouldn't go from 1/2 to full, Temp would not respond. Second, when I quit the program and disconnected the cable the turbo boost readout was gone. I can't get it on the bottom readout or the top readout. When I go to the top readout, it isn't even one of the display options. Anybody have any ideas?
Joel
There may be a way to reset or recover what you're missing but I have no experience with the Durametric tool so I can't help you there.

But there are those here that have used the Durametric tool and if there is a way I'm sure someone will chip in with that info.

In the meantime, my only idea is the big red switch idea.

For you and your Turbo this means disconnecting the battery for a while. Be sure -- if you elect to do this -- you follow the proper steps for disconnecting the battery.

Before you disconnect the battery note the radio's security code if it has one.

So there is no chance of trying to start the engine or even leaving the ignition key on, be sure the ignition key is removed from the ignition switch.

To ensure all residual power is gone you can press on the brake pedal which is a safe way to ensure residual power is gone.

Then reconnect the battery (following proper instructions) and see if this helps.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:04 PM
jpflip
Three Wheelin'

Received 183 Likes on 146 Posts

Joel, I hope you did not try to work with version 6 which is still beta. I did use it and found many bugs and stop using it. Not up to date yet.....
Old 07-20-2011, 10:33 PM
joelesmith
Advanced

I tried the reboot, battery disconnect. same as before. And yes JP, I was messing with the many bugs, still in beta version 6. I contacted Durametric and sent them a logging of the problem. I will post if they have any answers.
Joel
Old 07-21-2011, 05:36 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Have you upgraded to the absolute newest version of the beta? I had issues with the beta that was released earlier this year, but since upgrading haven't had any issues.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:13 PM
joelesmith
Advanced

I had the problem with the second to the last upgrade, so i upgraded to the latest and greatest. I still have the same problem. Just got an e-mail from Durametric, they said to try the K21 instrument cluster instead of the K01. My guess is that Porsche upgraded the turbo instrument cluster before the non turbo in 2001. I tried the K21 and was able to communicate and activate.
Still no Boost pressure gauge on the cluster. any ideas?
Joel
Old 07-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Clever_User_Name
Advanced

I couldn't get the newest beta version to recognize my tranny (Tippy here).
Old 11-28-2011, 08:44 PM
joelesmith
Advanced

I worked with Durametric on a resolution to the disappearing boost gauge. they sent a software upgrade and everything is back to normal.
Joel

Quick Reply: Durametric software question