Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bilstein B4 versus B6?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011 | 11:59 AM
Guybrush Wilkinson
Racer

Default Bilstein B4 versus B6?

I am thinking about new shocks to go with original Turbo springs and struts. Have you experience or are you driving your 996TT with Bilstein B6 sport shocks? Will my car become much stiffer with B6 loosing touring comfort?

B4s are very close to the stock shocks am I correct? Carnewal sells B6 for 875 euros. Sounds like an inexpensive upgrade if they really upgrade handling.

Any info appreciated.
Old 06-02-2011 | 01:37 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Buy a set of Bilstein PSS9 or PSS10.. Complete kit matched for your car.
Old 06-02-2011 | 01:47 PM
Guybrush Wilkinson
Racer

I dont need adjustable suspension. Also, I dont want to lower the car. I never track the car.
Old 06-02-2011 | 02:04 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

You have to many double negatives.. You ask for a better handling suspension and ask about a better shock.

You can keep your ride height, the PSS9 or 10's will give you adjustable ride height to corner balance the car. You also get the ride "quality" adjustability. The stock springs most likely are suffering from "sag"

The stock suspension is very soft and floats at higher speeds. It is a compromise.
Old 01-06-2012 | 02:10 PM
Guybrush Wilkinson
Racer

PSS10 set just arrived from Belgium. My car is hibernating till April. Just plowed snow outside...

Trip to Nürburgring scheduled for May.

I have to keep my ride height in Finland very high. I need recommendations for shock settings.
Old 04-07-2012 | 02:24 AM
Guybrush Wilkinson
Racer

PSS10 is now installed. Better cornering, firmer ride without loosing too much touring comfort. Lowered from ROW ride height by 1 cm, front is set to 6, rear 4. During winter ground frost pushes up tarmac and roads are very bumpy here in spring. I am not completely satisfied how the front of my car behaves on tight bumpy curves. Too much rocking. I will try different settings in front and see how it goes... I suspect Bilstein designed the suspension for smoother roads. On smooth corners car behaves very well though.

Quick Reply: Bilstein B4 versus B6?