Sponsored by:

ECU Flash UMW / EPL

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 08:37 PM
TheDeckMan
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by 993GT
In my experience, EPL/Tony was there for me long after purchasing his tune(recalibrating the OBC for larger injectors).
I'll add, the industry 'standard' seems to be street tunes, they hit hard and give most guys the thrill they want. I asked Tony for a track tune=more linear throttle/boost curve, and he delivered.

Rob

Agreed, Tony is great to deal with and awesome to chat with down at his shop. Having dealt with some other tuners that "street tune" and ended up costing me a couple motors left me plenty jaded over the years. It is nice to see in the Porsche market that the best normally keep up with keeping everyone happy and providing a stellar product. In the VW's and Audi's in my experience it has been far less than that.

Normally on lots of other boards it ends up being a mud slinging contest rather than talking about the difference in tunes. It was talking to a guy that tuned 1.8t's on Maestro that I found out about the GIAC missing block at 2500-2700rpms that caused a stumble. Seeing it first hand and then flashing my Audi to Eurodyne and eliminating a pesky part throttle issue that this caused.

Quick Reply: ECU Flash UMW / EPL