Sponsored by:

Best deal on wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 10:24 PM
z99
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by damon@tirerack.com
Those OZ's look great! I too recommend them as they are as light as CCW and cost much less.

Please give me a call if interested.
Can you verify for me if the back space number for the 12 inch is correct. Your site states 5.5 inches. Meanwhile the 10 inch shows over 7 inches. With 51mm offset and 32mm lip, I can't make the math work for a 12 inch wheel.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Roger Johnsen
Intermediate

Default Finally got around to the wheels...

Follow-up notes:

I finally got around to getting a set of wheels for the car and had my sons help me put them on yesterday. I ended-up going with a 19" rim and was a little concerned the car wouldn't drive / handle as well with this size. Oddly enough - the ride is actually better driving around town and the handling felt as good as or better than before tearing through the twisty backroads. I understand this could have something to do with the tires as well. (I have Pirelli P Zero on the stock wheels and Hankook Ventus on the new wheels) I guess I would have thought the Pirelli tires would be better but whatever the combination - I'm kicking myself for not having done this sooner.

The other two criteria I had were looks and cost. I'll post actual pictures later since it's raining today but am really pleased with the looks. The cost was about $3k for the tire/wheel package and new lug nuts; mounted / balanced and shipped to my door.
Attached Images  
Old 06-05-2011, 11:23 AM
x50type
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cost, aesthetics and handling - take your pick, which is the most important to you?

There are hundreds of wheels out there, so if all your considerations are equally important you will end up where you started - overwhelmed.............
Old 06-07-2011, 04:01 AM
Roger Johnsen
Intermediate

I guess that's the joy of it - It did feel overwhelming but am (finally) there and happy on all three fronts. I'm extremely grateful for everyone's input & suggestions along the way. After a good multi-hour thrill ride on a wide range of roads; I'm still bewildered by how much better the ride and handling are over my stock wheels.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

You may want to check these guys out, they build to oprder but allow you customeize as needed, and are no where near the price of HRE's. Just bought 4 waiting on delivery, they have a 5 to 6 week production schedule.

http://www.modularewheels.com/

Quick Reply: Best deal on wheels?