Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New High Speed Data Logger Debut

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 69 Posts

I'm game... Put me down for one... This would help me for sure!

Mike
Old 05-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts

Hey guys.. The high speed logger is ready for "prime time" With the introduction to Win 7, it was decided to re-write the software to run on a 64 bit platform. The price of the data logging tool is $395.00

1) As mentioned before the data-logger will be Vin locked. This means that the tool can only be used on one car.. However, there is a exception to this rule. The tool can be used to view and clear your friends codes. You will also be able to "show" the LIVE DATA stream on your "friends" car. I do NOT have any restrictions for the buddy system.

2) The data-logger will be preset to log 21 sensor values and will log all of these values without errors on averages close to 60 lines per second. That is alot of data. Within 2 seconds you are on the second Excel page.

3) Over the years I have spent alot of time with my customers setting up there laptops to datalog. The problem has always been getting enough data in a acceleration run. Having 2 samples per thousand RPM's just doesn't cut it. I have 7 laptops that am using to test the benchmarks. Two of the systems are flat out dogs. My recommendations is to run a Intel Duo Core laptop. Windows XP and Windows 7 have given the TOP results. With this said, if you have a 6 year old laptop, please let me know what you have and I WILL make a inexpensive recommendation for you. The IBM T60 laptops are cheap. I just seen a IBM Z61 for $279.00 with warranty.

I have a initial supply of hardware for the initial offer. Send me a email or call me. Those that have expressed a early interest will have a email from me. If you get lost in the cracks please be pro-active and email me.

I will be posting screenshot of the tool in action shortly.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Autobahn
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Excellent news. Please post pics ASAP.

BTW, I have expressed interest early on but have not received an email from you yet.

Cheers,

Patrick
Old 05-03-2011, 11:53 PM
KPG
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a very nice setup! Hope all is well...
Old 05-04-2011, 01:03 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Patrick, Thanks for the call..

Kevin, Thanks..
Old 05-04-2011, 01:04 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

This data logger is smoking fast... You can see all of these values spooling on multiple pages. We have 58 lines per second showing on these pages.

Last edited by Kevin; 05-04-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:50 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

This screenshot shows one of my first datalogs that I logged. One of my local customers was having a "issue" The logs have flushed out a faulty fuel pump. You can clearly see the timing retard that is taking place. The injector duty cycle is up. The Lambda AFR is elevated a little.

Side note > The post above this one shows logs taken from my IBM running on Win 7 64 bit OS. This laptop has a Intel X25 solid state drive ( I highly recommend these new drives). The recent datalog was taken on a older IBM T43 running XP Pro OS.

Last edited by Kevin; 05-04-2011 at 03:11 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Cueto
Intermediate

And for guys like me who:

1) have a fairly new macbook pro with SSD, can I run it under bootcamp?

2) what if I am not that very udnerstanding of what the datalogger is throwing out and would like to learn more or be able to interpret just enough to be safe?
Old 05-05-2011, 02:50 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Cueto,

Don't toss me under the bus for supporting Microsoft. I'm in there backyard. With that said you should be able to boot into a Windows OS and have this logger run.. I have not tested it yet. However, I don't know if I would subject that high dollar Macbook to the possible risk of damage as a datalogger. I have dropped my IBM and have lost a few while on the dyno. You can purchase a inexpensive Windows based laptop that will be able to take a beating for "cheap"

I have spent countless hours explaining the datalogging values to all of my customers. On the screenshot that I posted one can see the duty cycle going thru the roof. The injectors are basically stuck open. The ECU is pulling timing and boost to prevent engine damage.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Roger Johnsen
Intermediate

Interested - count me in
Old 05-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Cueto
Intermediate

Hey! I am not throwing you under the bus fro no supporting OSX! Matter of fact, I have about 20-30 pcs, 2-3 SGI's, 7-8 mac pros and 3-4 linux boxes. ONly ONE macbook pro and its due to the fact that its what works best with my clients -stuff-.

anyhow, Didnt think the laptop would be under any kind of risk. Guess i havent been around quite as much as you. I'll take the suggestion.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:52 AM
dantzig
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin
Cueto,

Don't toss me under the bus for supporting Microsoft. I'm in there backyard.
The shadow of Mordor...

Good luck with the new device. The data rates are really impressive.

I'm wondering how the logs show a car getting over 8000 load when mine only makes 205?

Jon
Old 05-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Roger, I PM'd you.

Cueto, Use which ever unit that will boot up in a Window OS..

Jon, why wonder about the load. Two different tools, two different load scalings.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:42 AM
dantzig
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin
Jon, why wonder about the load. Two different tools, two different load scalings.
Why different scalings? The one reported by Durametric is close to volumetric efficiency. Does this one have a meaning?
Old 05-09-2011, 04:00 AM
Brenton
Advanced

Kevin
I am new to 996tt world infact mine is still on a truck on its way to me but have had 911 before.

SO can you explain what all the info is and what figures should they be at and how can it help.

Also can this be run into the onboard sat nav screen as yet or would we need a laptop running in between or on the seat and using the lap tops screen?

Cheers Brenton

Quick Reply: New High Speed Data Logger Debut