Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new 996 tt owner-what a ride!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 11:53 PM
Page
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, I've had mine for 2 years and approaching 30k miles. :-)
I'm in Northern NJ..
Old 10-05-2010, 12:07 PM
gerhard951
Advanced

ok...I am seriously challenged when it comes to computers...tried posting pics last night and choices were to add a link or image...when i clicked on image its wants ULR?? Help?
Old 10-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Page
Advanced

Here ya go.. Basically you you need to upload your image(s) first to rennlist, then attach them. Hope the below helps ya out.

Detailed info below:
How do I attach a file to a post?

To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.
On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labeled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.
To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.
Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.
What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?
In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.
How do I add an image to a post?
If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.
To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing [img] before the URL and [/img] after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:23 PM
DesignerGenes
Rennlist Member

Looking for those pictures.

As regards oil consumption, my car uses very little. I've not topped it up between changes (about 6,500 miles per year, so that's my change interval) yet. I run a bit of combined city/highway and some track too.

I'd not heard about this rear wiper thing. I use the wiper for 2 swipes every time I wand wash the car. LOL ... guess I'll check it for tightness.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:36 PM
cannon1000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will post pictures of the tell-tale wiper scratch. My P shop new exactly what they were when I got the car. It is locked down tight now. I thought about removing...but it is secure now. No worries.

I do think that regular Rain-X would eliminate the need for it entirely. But when moving slow...it will collect water beads...which annoys me personally.

Agree on the bumper...I looked up in there and it looked like a bird's nest waaaaay in the back. Cigarette butts and all kinds of "garbage". I am SHOCKED there is no easy way to reach in there....water just pushes it further into the corner.

Recommendation #2 - Remove bumper, clean out radiators and INSTALL SCREENS in the vents. I have seen a few suggestion between homemade and custom fit. If anyone knows of some prefit screens, I am interested!
Old 10-06-2010, 12:20 AM
gerhard951
Advanced

Default Thanks Page...here are some low light pics

Name:  TT2.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  4.4 KB

Name:  TT1.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  3.6 KB
the others wont download but i will keep trying
Old 10-06-2010, 11:59 AM
cannon1000
Three Wheelin'

Post /upload the images to Photobucket - they can be as big as you want (higher quality usually means bigger picture).

Get the URL of the photo -
1. this is easy to do in Photobucket, on the left side of the picture you will see, "SHARE THIS IMAGE" and it will have 4 links under it.
Click on the one that says DIRECT LINK (You should see a message that says COPIED)
2. Go to the Rennlist thread (like this one) and click POST REPLY
3. Right above where you type, you will see a small yellow square icon that looks like it has a mountain in it, CLICK IT.
4. In the WIndow that pops up, where it asks for the URL, just PASTE inside that window. (CTRL-V or RIGHT CLICK and Select PASTE).
5. Click OK
viola' - you are done. Click the POST REPLY button below and it will appear.

ALTERNATE VARIATION
1. Instead of clicking DIrect Link on Photobucket, click IMG CODE.
2. Click POST REPLY in rennlist thread
3. PASTE (CTRL-V or RIght click/Paste) directly into the thread.
The text will look like this: (without the spaces in IMG)
[I MG]http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz125/cannon1000/Pcar%20washed/DSC06160.jpg[/IM G]
4. Click Reply button and your image will appear.

Or if you hate doing any of this...just make sure your album is public in Photobucket, and click on the album name. On the left there is a "Share this Album" and link displayed under it.
Right click on this link and select COPY. In the Rennlist thread right-click and Paste. Then people can go visit ALL your pictures in the album.

Looks like this:
http://s820.photobucket.com/albums/z...Pcar%20washed/
Old 10-06-2010, 12:29 PM
gerhard951
Advanced

thanks Cannon100..I will try that tonight if i get a chance
Old 10-09-2010, 11:43 AM
cannon1000
Three Wheelin'

Here are the scratches from the wiper. (Drivers Side, Rear Panel next to rear window).

All the dirt is from after the Petit Le Mans @ Road Atlanta...gets dirty out there.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:07 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Ouch! I just checked mine and made sure it was good and tight.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:02 PM
cannon1000
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, shop said use locktite. Problem is they used the same motor as the fronts...so when you use it, rather than tightening the nut, it loosens it. THen POP!
Old 10-11-2010, 09:32 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Don't the wipers go both directions?????
Old 10-11-2010, 09:41 AM
theporscheguy
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gerhard, where is the car ****? I have to use the bino's to see the car. Rear wiper issue? I'll check mine. I guess there is enough torque on the return motion to loosen the nut?
Old 10-19-2010, 12:24 AM
gerhard951
Advanced

Ouch is right...porscheguy try these pics...they were too big to load here..or something...sorry for delay..life ya....plus car back at deal....CEL on.....how often to have this to look forward to...car has 32k and had 30 k service already....stock x50
Old 10-19-2010, 12:24 AM
gerhard951
Advanced

http://s1229.photobucket.com/albums/...erhard951/996/

Quick Reply: new 996 tt owner-what a ride!!