Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultimate Motorwerks Fall/Winter Tuning sale $975.00

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 06:32 PM
ZeroH
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kevin is this price for a custom tune (i.e .customer can datalog the car with durametrics & send you data for fine tuning) or just the initial flash with no follow up ?

Thx.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 321 Likes on 221 Posts

Zero, I will look at any of your logs and adjust if need be. The stock K16 and K24 files are really good out of the box.

With that said, if you send me the logs, we will talk about what both of us are seeing on in the data.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

There seems to be some that are still sitting on the fence. Pick up the phone and call me. If I have not made myself clear in the post or in PM's and you are still unsure, please call me. I WILL be able to explain the difference from my tune to "other" know brand tunes. UMW tune is so smooth, power is linear thru the RPM range. The tune is NOT canned, it is based off of your factory file.

Again, many times things get dropped in the written word and translation, and I apologize for that. Call me or PM me your number.. There is nothing worse than having something slip by because of a perceived perception.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:55 PM
dantzig
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin
Zero, I will look at any of your logs and adjust if need be. The stock K16 and K24 files are really good out of the box.

With that said, if you send me the logs, we will talk about what both of us are seeing on in the data.
Let me throw in here my experience... Kevin spent several hours with me on the phone, educating me about what the logs mean, and what to look for. He tweaked the tune on my car because the fueling seemed to be limited. The over-riding theme was to be safe. We later (4 months later!) found that I had a leak in the fuel pump, and after that was repaired, we went back to the out-of-the-box file.

There's a reason that Kevin's customers are so loyal to him.

Jon
Old 10-14-2010, 09:55 AM
joyride5
Instructor

I wish I didn't get the "other" guys tune two months ago.. = (
Old 10-27-2010, 11:40 PM
bimmer81
Racer

Kevin i bought your tune and flash loader about 2 1/2 years ago, can i transfer this tune to another 996tt owner. I built my motor and went all out. I dont want to have my money wasted so considering its been paid for $2k may i transfer it to another car. Thanks
Old 10-28-2010, 12:07 AM
jcb-memphis
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I cannot say enough good things about Kevin.

I owe him no money and I get nothing for saying the above. IF he wants to send me a few gt2 bladed turbos and all the stuff needed to zoom my car up, I'm ok with that.

Seriously, his stuff works. The car is as easy as stock...and strong everywhere.

To be honest, he has helped me stay in budget and keep my car reliable. Sometimes that has meant him not making a sale. Think about that.

jeff

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 10-31-2010 at 04:51 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:56 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

bimmer, the multiple flash units are different from my slave units. Like I have told you before the units are locked to the vin number thru hardware. The unit cannot be reused on another car. I'm in the business to sell software and flashes. One car, one tune.

A different situation occurs when you sell your car and you go out and buy another 996TT. The files will be transfered to another unit at a discounted price.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:58 AM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

There seems to be some that are still sitting on the fence. Pick up the phone and call me. If I have not made myself clear in the post or in PM's and you are still unsure, please call me. I WILL be able to explain the difference from my tune to "other" know brand tunes. UMW tune is so smooth, power is linear thru the RPM range. The tune is NOT canned, it is based off of your factory file.

Again, many times things get dropped in the written word and translation, and I apologize for that. Call me or PM me your number.. There is nothing worse than having something slip by because of a perceived perception.
+1

Kevin and I have had our differences in the past but his tune is by far the best I have driven. I have driven stock + flash ( evoms, giac, epl's, etc. ) and I have switched cars with owners and their first comments are WOW much nicer tune. FWIW. They love how smooth and fast spool up my car does vs them. Partial, wot, and daily driving throttle inputs, all superior. At 975 its no brainer, i already know a few people whom went with tunde due to the pricing, def worth it.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 71 Posts

Here's yet another vote for Kevin's tune, support, and knowledge... He knows far more than most "supposed" tuners and vendors and is the most honest of the bunch, make no mistake.

Mike
Old 11-01-2010, 03:14 PM
TTTerror
Track Day

Kevin,

Fairly new to the Porsche world having spent the last several years with various Audi “S” and BMW “M” cars. Currently own a bone stock 03 996 TT and am interested in your flash. However, the car is currently CPO'd, so I don't want to do anything to void that warranty. Couple of questions:
1) Is you flash detectable by Porsche?
2) Is there a way to take the flash for a test drive with a time limited program?

Thx...Jim
Old 11-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

TT, Welcome to Rennlsit. While we have tuners making various claims. I will state this.. At the dealership level once you return your ECU to stock by flashing back to the stock file thru the OBD2 port. The PIWIS will not detect the flash with my system.

However, lets say you dropped a valve and you wanted to request warranty. If Porsche request your ECU and it is removed from the car. All bets are off. They can retreive all the info at a code level. NO tuner is exempt from this. But this is extremely rare.

There have been "known" cases that dealer have CPO'd previously flashed cars.. So the water gets a little Black.

There are two companies that offer trial timer/limited programs. And when the time trial ends you are left with a LESS than stock tune. You lose your factory tune and the mapping values "timing" is LESS than your stock tune. I caution you.. With that said, I do NOT offer a try and buy. Ultimate Motorwerks tuning does deliver the goods. PM or email all the customers that have replied to this thread and ask them if the tune makes the power. But it's not just the power. It's the delivery and how smooth the car behaves. A quick note. While you have the slave programming unit, you can toggle between your stock file and performance file. You will be able to do back to back tests between the tuned file and your stock file. I promise you a night and day difference. Feel free to call me.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:07 AM
MGS996
Racer

UMW ....enough said !!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:39 AM
TTTerror
Track Day

TT, Welcome to Rennlsit. While we have tuners making various claims. I will state this.. At the dealership level once you return your ECU to stock by flashing back to the stock file thru the OBD2 port. The PIWIS will not detect the flash with my system.

However, lets say you dropped a valve and you wanted to request warranty. If Porsche request your ECU and it is removed from the car. All bets are off. They can retreive all the info at a code level. NO tuner is exempt from this. But this is extremely rare.

There have been "known" cases that dealer have CPO'd previously flashed cars.. So the water gets a little Black.

There are two companies that offer trial timer/limited programs. And when the time trial ends you are left with a LESS than stock tune. You lose your factory tune and the mapping values "timing" is LESS than your stock tune. I caution you.. With that said, I do NOT offer a try and buy. Ultimate Motorwerks tuning does deliver the goods. PM or email all the customers that have replied to this thread and ask them if the tune makes the power. But it's not just the power. It's the delivery and how smooth the car behaves. A quick note. While you have the slave programming unit, you can toggle between your stock file and performance file. You will be able to do back to back tests between the tuned file and your stock file. I promise you a night and day difference. Feel free to call me.
Kevin,

Thanks for the straight scoop...appreciate your candor. You're at the top of my list for a flash, but worries about the CPO will most likely keep me on the sidelines for now. But once that expires....
Old 11-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 71 Posts

I'll also offer this up... I've stepped on the toes of a number of vendors who were "sponsoring" me because I won't shill garbage once I find a product to be just that. I have yet to be let down by UMW. Four years in this coming Feb, and I can still say that... Not sure another vendor comes to mind at this point... Of course, I've had Kevin's bits the longest, since his Turbos have been on the car since the previous owner installed them in 2002.

Simply put, no other tuner will get my power mod money.

Mike

Quick Reply: Ultimate Motorwerks Fall/Winter Tuning sale $975.00