Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of Selling 2005 Turbo S Porsche - What is a fair price to advertise?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 09:16 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

Beautiful car. Now is the time to sell a cab too. I would say you can easily get upper $60Ks. It has all options including the PCCBs with only 6750 and all those extras.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:37 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

You forget to mention the most important item...service records????
Old 05-29-2010, 02:55 AM
adam_
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Arnie1
If this is a Turbo S Cab they only made approx 400 of them and it was a 1 year only car. If you can find a Turbo S c ab with 6,000 miles on it for the mid 60s grab it. Dealers are looking for these because they are reselling them in the mid 70s. There are Turbo S coupes in the high 70s so a Cab is a bonus. As for the mods you need to find the right person. The car is not lighly modded If it was just the chip and exhast OK but water injection etc. makes it more than just lightly modded. I looked for a year for a turbo s cab before finding one with 19,000 miles for 65,000. There are some for mid 60,000 but they are not in good shape or have high miles.
The reality is that someone that just MUST have a 2005 Turbo S cab will probably want it just the way porsche delivered it... and mods, especially home brew (ie not Ruf, not a recognized package), lower the value of this 'year/model/S rarity' equation.... .

I think you either have an ultra-rare model, pristine, as delivered by porsche- or you have a modded car. In this case any mods detract from the value- IF you are pitching it to a porsche-o-phyle.

And if you are not pitching it to a POP, then the rarity of being a 2005S has much less value in that market.

I am so bad with values...high 60s sure for a final sale, prolly could advertise a bit above.

But really, better you keep it - AND put some miles on that baby!

A
Old 05-29-2010, 09:27 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 69 Posts

They're such great cars, I can't imagine selling mine... Well, I mean I have thought of selling it, but only due to "the thought" of tough times... It's one of those "I'd regret it once it was gone" cars...

That said, if you're not going to drive and enjoy it, then unload the sucker! hahahaha!

Mike
Old 05-31-2010, 08:48 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

^ +1
Old 06-01-2010, 05:07 PM
DesignerGenes
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The color combo is beautiful. The last time I checked NADA (a few months ago), it said $82,500 for an excellent coupe. Lose about $5,000 for a cabriolet and you're at $77,500. The mileage is extremely low, and with the flash, I'm thinking "never tracked or raced" does not sound likely (Even if it's true). I do track my car and it's not my daily driver; I'm still putting 6,500 miles a year on it.

The flash is problematic. Personally, I look for a car that is unmolested. Yours is plainly not that. Add "full documentation" and the word "manual" to your "6 speed," and ask at least $74,000 for the car. You know it's worth that and more, and the economy is beginning to come back. This is NOT just a 996 twin turbo; it's a 996 Turbo S. Those PCCBs alone add over $8,000 as an option on the 996 twin turbo.

ADDED:
Those Potenza S02As are the same tires that came on my car. The damn things have no grip and are LOUD. I've put mine on the "dress bright" hollow wheels I purchased on ebay -- for showing at Concours. My track tires are Kumho Ecsta SPTs on the gunmetal grey hollows that came with my car (shown).

Last edited by DesignerGenes; 06-01-2010 at 05:15 PM. Reason: added noted text
Old 06-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Colt45ccg
Intermediate

service records?

LOL There's 6,000 miles on the car!

A friend in Orlando bought a similarly equipped X50 cab with 10K miles for $50K in the last year....

If it were me, I'd list for around $65K and hope to get something reasonably close. That being said if the offers were thin I'd prob take anything over $50K.

Be sure to post on all the big sites- rennlist, 6spdonline, cars.com, autorader, PCA Mart and ebay motors (not the auction). I would also vote to leave the mods- exhaust and flash arent a deal breaker for most.

Best of Luck!
Old 06-01-2010, 07:09 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Colt45ccg
service records?

Uh, actually there should be quite a few. Remember, it's not always miles....it's mileage or time whichever comes first.

For a 5-6 year old car like this one I would expect at a minimum 5-6 oil changes and 2-3 brake fluid flushes. And that's just getting started.

Any car that has very low miles (or any miles for that matter) that is not fully documented with all services completed is one you don't want to go near.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:55 PM
acf
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

If you were to list it for 50, you'd probably sell the car within a matter of days. That is too low.

Originally Posted by Colt45ccg
service records?

A friend in Orlando bought a similarly equipped X50 cab with 10K miles for $50K in the last year....

If it were me, I'd list for around $65K and hope to get something reasonably close. That being said if the offers were thin I'd prob take anything over $50K.

Be sure to post on all the big sites- rennlist, 6spdonline, cars.com, autorader, PCA Mart and ebay motors (not the auction). I would also vote to leave the mods- exhaust and flash arent a deal breaker for most.

Best of Luck!
Old 06-01-2010, 09:02 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I'd agree as well. It seems that the sweet spot for that car would be in the high 50's to low 60's.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:54 PM
BostonDuce
Racer

Here's my vote for not selling.

Beautiful car; hardly-used condition; newer model not that much different, vast majority of people couldn't tell a 996tt from a F-15---" oooh it's a Porsche!"

Why let someone steal it while they nit and pick about service records and recite the most recent Manheim results. Let them buy someone else's beater. Keep it as family pet if you can afford to, but keep it.

BTW, if you do advertise, be careful about listing it with "all options". I'm sure you know that the option list was 3 feet long, with many being obtuse. I can see from your pictures that you are missing some.

I have a parking space if you need it.

BD
Old 06-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Receiver
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Uh, actually there should be quite a few. Remember, it's not always miles....it's mileage or time whichever comes first.

For a 5-6 year old car like this one I would expect at a minimum 5-6 oil changes and 2-3 brake fluid flushes. And that's just getting started.

Any car that has very low miles (or any miles for that matter) that is not fully documented with all services completed is one you don't want to go near.
I absolutely agree. Beware of a low mileage car without good service records. Left to rot for 5 years is not a good thing.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:37 AM
tvurt
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Take the mods off, people who are in the market for ultra low mile cars want them to be untouched. You can get 65-70 if you are willing to wait.

Lovely car btw!

Quick Reply: Thinking of Selling 2005 Turbo S Porsche - What is a fair price to advertise?