Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Insurance Co. do you insure your 996 with?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 06:14 AM
Jorgeassoc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Insurance Co. do you insure your 996 with?

Residing in California + Currently using All-State. Have been with them for the past 7 years.
Who are you guys covered with, i hear that progressive is a really good company.

cheers,
George
Old 02-06-2010, 06:45 AM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use Allied for my home, life, daily vehicles, but use Heacock Classic for my toys. I do have a mileage restriction though but other than that no difference. The cost for the 996TT is about half my standard companies quote.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Last930
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

State Farm for everything.

Last edited by Last930; 02-06-2010 at 11:21 AM. Reason: idiocy
Old 02-06-2010, 11:23 AM
falcon7x7
Racer

Progressive for all my cars (3). Great coverage, good rates, in NJ.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Jorgeassoc
Residing in California + Currently using All-State. Have been with them for the past 7 years.
Who are you guys covered with, i hear that progressive is a really good company.

cheers,
George
I was with Allstate but didn't renew after the way Allstate handled my accident claim.

When I called in to report an accident -- hit a mule deer with my car -- among other things when I tried to get Allstate to arrange to tow the car to a place that was qualified to fix the car -- accident occured 20 miles west of Ely NV -- Allstate refused.

Told me it was only required to tow car to nearest Pro Shop and the repair shop the car ended up at in Ely was a such a shop. Owner had told me he didn't want to repair the car and I wouldn't want him to repair the car.

Allstate then offered to tow the car to one of 5 Pro Shops in LV NV. One, the *best* of the 5 shops, was a GM dealership body shop. Of course I refused to have my Turbo taken to a GM body shop for repairs. I found a shop qualified to fix the car in LV but Allstate refused to tow the car there cause it was not a Pro Shop.

Allstate then refused to tow the car to another qualified Porsche repair shop in Reno NV.

At one point an adjuster told me to just have the car fixed at a local gas station, have temporary repairs done, and then drive the car home. This is illegal. Porsche doesn't consider a car safe and roadworthy after an accident until it has been deemed so by an inspection by a qualifed Porsche tech.

Out of my pocket I paid a $400 tow yard storage bill and a $1500 tow bill and had the car towed to a qualified shop where I live in CA. A Pro Shop. Allstate then used it leverage with this body shop to block proper repair of the car.

The owner told me he was unable to fix the car properly and if I allowed him to proceed the car would not be fixed properly and would lose its CP0 warranty, among other things.

Again at my expense I paid to have the car towed to another body shop, which was recommended to me by the owner of the first body shop. This second shop was a Porsche qualified repair shop too but most importantly not a Pro Shop.

Once at this second shop the car was fixed right. Subsequent inspections by me, the owner of the 1st body shop, and several Porsche technicians -- with the benefit of partially tearing the car down -- removing the front bumper cover -- have found all damage repaired and repaired properly and the damage repaired areas and body panels (new) indistinquishable from the original.

Allstate paid most of the repair bill -- close to $25000 -- but refused to pay some of the charges.

It has paid these charges in the past and I spoke with several body shop owners who told me all I need do is subpoena their records and the records will show Allstate is acting in bad faith.

Which is what I'm doing in pursuing the collecting all legitimate out of pocket expenses that were a direct result of the covered incident.

My advice is if you have Allstate insurance, at least in CA, find another company.

Before I bought the car, I submitted a VIN of the car before I bought it to get a quote and when I bought the car that very next day took it by my agent where she inspected the car and certified its condition (pristine/like new) so Allstate new full well what the car was and in what shape it was.

Allstate of course charged me Porsche sized premium for the car. Then when the unfortunate accident happened Allstate then turned around and attempted to repair the car like a 5 year old Ford Focus.

I ended back with CSAA after my coverage with Allstate expired. But I've been told by people I know who know insurance companies that State Farm is a good company.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:03 AM
Bryce
Instructor

California - Wawanesa Insurance. Outstanding premium pricing, once a year, very customizable rate plans.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:21 AM
raineycd
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

State Farm - very reasonable prices here in KY and for my record!
Old 02-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Michael-Dallas
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

State Farm - for home and auto(s).

A friend of mine loves Amica.

///Michael
Old 02-07-2010, 03:03 PM
s996
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Firemans fund of Raleigh

Curious if any of the above cover your babies on track and/or do the agents know you track the car?

Our family policy with multiple houses and cars through state farm came to an abrupt end when I added the turbo to our policy and they found out I took it to the track. They stated that because DE's are a high risk situation they could no longer cover me if I had the turbo. I had multiple autos and a perfect record with no priors for 25 years.

Go figure, it costs a little more for FF but well worth the total coverage.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:20 PM
raineycd
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I asked my agent about DE's and there is a lot of gray area. I will be getting supplemental track coverage this year...
Old 02-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Pauly90266
Instructor

State Farm for home and auto. The rates are competitive and no major complaints after many years with the same company.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:55 PM
mmcmilla
Advanced

I've had USAA for all my cars, including my 996 TT. It's an outstanding company. Can't really tell you what I pay for the 996TT because my premium includes 4 cars and 4 drivers, including my 2 kids, 16 and 19. I recommend USAA.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:05 AM
Jorgeassoc
Intermediate

Thing is, ive been insuring 3 cars and just last week added another one to my policy. This one is listed to be driven under 3,000 miles, All-State quoted me $2,000 (6mos) holy shi te.
I couldn't believe it. Its a 1997 Toyota Supra tt.
My other three i only pay $1,300 every 6mos.
Does anyone have a supra and pay this much ? I am really looking to get progressive or state-farm. Has anyone gone with Geico ? LOL
Old 02-08-2010, 12:11 AM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 774 Likes on 549 Posts

USAA
Old 02-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Jorgeassoc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dock
USAA
Its for Military Personel only. Isn't it??

Last edited by Jorgeassoc; 02-08-2010 at 12:37 AM.

Quick Reply: What Insurance Co. do you insure your 996 with?