Sponsored by:

new exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 07:27 PM
buzztt
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new exhaust

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so when i bought my tt i made a promise to myself that i would at least attempt to do some things myself, not becuase i cant afford a mechanic, more out of principal that i care more about my car than anyone i would hire to work on it and now the house is finished i need something to keep me occupied (i get bored and restless very easily)

i dont have much experience working on cars (i have a lot of construction experience and some common sense...and a british gung ho attitude !), so far i have painted my rockers and front lip, changed out the center console for a non scratched one and installed a short shift kit but thats about it

so i picked up a speedtech exhaust from John on thursday, had the great pleasure of meeting him, hes is an incredibly nice guy and went out of his way to make sure i had all the info i needed, great guy to do business with

so this morning i started pulling my car apart...thinking 20 minutes and i would be all done ! well 3 hours later it was finished, removing the old one was a huge wrestling match and took a lot of time, the straps just would not budge, but the end result was well worth it, the car sounds amazing, i just got back from a 2 hour drive, stereo turned off, windows and sunroof open, ac turned off...its 90 degrees right now so it wasnt comfortable but i didnt care at all, the car feels amazing, more power, amazing sound, not too loud but just loud enough to sound ballsy

i always heard about this mod bug thing and just laughed it off as bs...i am pretty sure i now have this disease

and here is a pic of my 'custom' tips, unfortunately the correct tips (they look like oem tips, which i like) were out of stock so i had to pick up a couple of cheap extenders from VIP, John is sending me the correct tips asap, i thought about painting them black so they would look a little better (Johns idea) but i couldnt wait to drive it so didnt bother !

Old 10-16-2009, 12:02 AM
Lysoleverywhere
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

so how does it sound? soundclips?
Old 10-16-2009, 10:12 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 309 Likes on 214 Posts

Here is a link to that actual exhaust in action. I came off of my car because I switched to our new SpeedTech crossflow style exhaust. I sold it to buzztt.

full video - takes a while to load:
http://www.speedtechexhausts.com/Spe...DIX%20V2.5.wmv

You tube version (some audio removed by youtube): http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...chExhausts#p/u
2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials SpeedTech Exhaust Videos facebook

Old 10-18-2009, 01:41 PM
buzztt
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it sounds awesome, everyone who has heard it loves it

i just put the tips on (the ones in the pic are temporary obviously) they look just like oem which is what i wanted

Quick Reply: new exhaust