Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 2002 996 Turbo 16k Miles Loaded *SOLD*

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 01:27 PM
tvurt
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Well hold on to it imo. This looks like a great car waiting for the right buyer.

You would sell this pretty quick at 40k i bet, but why? Wait a year enjoy it, and sell it when the economy recovers.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:35 PM
BTG996T
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The price isn't changing again - it's already a steal where it is now!

I'll post it up on 6speed today or tomorrow - I think I recall someone here mentioning needing to contact a mod over there regarding new members/posting stuff for sale.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:06 PM
BTG996T
Intermediate

I'm in the process of registering over at 6speed to get this posted in the FS forum, and noticed they have a minimum 100 post requirement to make FS posts - exceptions being granted via PM to a moderator. Can anyone recommend a moderator to which I should PM for permission to post my car? Are they likely to extend me this courtesy? I'm not sure what kind of "relationship" they have with rennlist, so any help or recommendations would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 05-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BT: Their moderators routinely peruse the other forums also...so your search for a priest is probably best accomplished by an honest and forthright request put to VSE Chuck that simply states your problem and objectives. I think VSE is an even-keeled and accomodating guy who would be willing to work with you. Internet Brands owns both these forums so I can't see them denying a decent guy just trying to sell his car using their other forum....after all, its the participation of folks in the forums that gives IB the exposure needed to bring prospective clients to the sponsors who pay for advertising space.

Chuck
Old 05-18-2009, 09:31 PM
raineycd
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on VSE Chuck - super guy from what I can tell by his honest posts
Old 05-18-2009, 09:52 PM
Turbohead
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

I have been trying to sell a really nice 2002 TT 43K mi on 6 speed.I priced it low.
All I'm getting are tire kickers telling me how they can buy this or that at the auction Blah Blah .But they never do.

The market is really soft right now.I believe these cars are seriously undervalued. They are far and away the best Porsche ever made. I know I have owned 24 P cars If you can hang on I believe the prices will move back up with the recovery and long term these will go for a premium. BTW yours is a very nice example if I didn't own 4 P cars right now (3 Turbos) i'd be interested in yours.

Elliot
Old 06-15-2009, 02:34 PM
BTG996T
Intermediate

Default SOLD!

Finally got the car sold last week! Someone actually came to see the car in person after being tempted (but not sold) by the photos. Fell in love with the color, wood, everything as soon as he saw it. Local dealer did the inspection, found zero leaks or problems anywhere and only advised the prospective buyer to "drive it and love it".

Selling price of $47,000, he paid for the inspection as well.

He came to pick it up on Friday for the long drive to it's new home. It was VERY strange seeing someone drive off in my baby, but I am also relieved to finally have it sold so I can move on to other things. I know I'll miss it, but it is going to a good home and I know this guy will take very good care of it.

It took several months and holding out at my last price drop for a while, but I definitely think I found the right buyer!

Thanks for all the help and encouragement guys!
Old 06-15-2009, 03:00 PM
jr2
Intermediate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTG996T
That '01 is either a dealer desperate to clear inventory or there is something else to it. I most definitely will not sell my car for something like that.

Originally Posted by jr2
I just offered it as a comparison for what is available in the market -- match seemed quite close, with full carbon vs full wood (as noted, wood is a minority preference vs carbon), same color + added advantage of navigation in the '01, but a year older with one more year's mileage at the same low rate, which would point to $50M (or a bit more) being today's realistic market price for your car if you want to move it in the near term.

It is, of course, a terrible seller's market (and consequently a great buyer's market), so if a buyer doesn't come along at a price you are willing to accept, then keep the car and enjoy it in the interim [I agree with the other posters that prices are unlikely to come up with the passage of time, as the car continues to get older] -- 10,000 additional miles or so likely won't change the price much and it's a beautiful machine.
Ironically, your sale ended up at almost exactly the same price as the '01 I mentioned [which would imply that the 01's real value is probably $43M or so].

Congratulations -- you got the car sold, you have the $$ in hand and the buyer got a great machine.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:14 PM
BTG996T
Intermediate

It was very interesting watching the market change during these last four months. After my initial delusions in pricing, I did my best to follow pricing with comparables from autotrader and cars.com, and I think it held pretty true to that. At the time, there were comparables for sale higher than $50k, so I was reluctant to go that low. As time passed though, they settled to around what I asked for (and received) and I think it was a fair enough price for both parties.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:36 PM
raineycd
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the sell! It is a beautiful car!
Old 06-16-2009, 01:58 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

It was a long process for you, but you sold it and someone got a good buy....it just took that person who wanted the options you had in it....the wood made it a bit harder, but for the right person, it's a sought after option. Congratulations on your sale.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Colt45ccg
Intermediate

It takes a real man to analyze comparables and lower the price accordingly. You did a good job (if only we could all be so logical). Congrats!
Old 06-20-2009, 12:09 PM
fishing
Burning Brakes

Glad you sold the car and are satisfied. That was a beauty. If it was closer to East Texas, I would of definitely looked closer.

Scott

Quick Reply: FS: 2002 996 Turbo 16k Miles Loaded *SOLD*