Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 04:36 PM
T2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 48 Posts
Default KW V3 Users

To all,

I am in the process of going out to look for a vendor to buy the suspension from - at least get some quotes this week so I can get the KW V3's on order.

Looking to see any feedback good/bad/neutral any of you have had either as owners of them or as a passenger in someone's car that has. In all the reading I have done they seem to offer a very good package for quality and workmanship - I am not interested in a super high end suspension nor a cheap low end one - just a good middle of the road for the tons of daily driving I do and the 6-10 track days per year. I drive it all winter so the KW V3's with thier SS body look as if they will hold up better to the winter abuses they will see from my driving.

When I set the car up it will be a very moderate drop - I need the clearance for the crap-ola roads where we are. I am not looking for an aggressive alignment setting either - a moderate drop with some of the under steer dialed out - I recently drove a well setup GT-3 on stock suspension and was amazed at how well the car felt and responded. Again my car sees about 40-50,000 miles a year. Looking to see if there are any drop link recommedations out there - the stockers look a little weak - I was also going to keep the stock sway bars. Also is there an upper strut mount needed for the this product??

Again looking for feedback on the product, any specfic vendors you recommend, any additional comments as to daily ride quality.

Thanks again!! T2
Old 02-22-2009, 05:25 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 68 Posts

Based on what I've been told by others who are using the KW V3 on other platforms, I'd buy the KW over the Cross JICs.

I have the TRG drop links up front and the Tarreds in the rear... Great additions. I'd also recommend an adjustable swaybar. I use the H&Rs and love them. They help with dialiing out understeer by going stiffer in the rear and full soft up front!

Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 02-23-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:00 AM
LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the V3 on my car and its very VERY good. Its the hot ticket in Europe....Manthey uses them exclusively. KW just haven't spent the marketing $$ here to make it happen quickly. The word of mouth marketing has worked very well for them. Excellent build quality, performance is much better than PSS10 and very good tech support. I'd recommend.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:46 AM
Anders
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have them on my car as well.

I put them on just before winter so my experience is a bit limited but I have done one track day so far and I was very satisfied with them. The car haven't seen much street miles after I added the KW's but my initial impression is that it works quite well.

Now, my only reference in a turbo is stock so I have no idea how other aftermarket options would perform though.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:08 PM
T2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mike, Anders and LA964RS,

Thanks for the insight and honest feedback. I appreciate it all.

Anders,

Does your car have PCCB's?? I do and had wondered if there were any interference issues with the lower reservoirs.

Thanks again. T2
Old 02-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Danyol
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the topic, hopefully not stepping on your toes; I appear to have identical requirements as you (inc PCCB).

To reiterate T2's request - any recommendations on V3 vendors & a ballpark on price?
Old 02-25-2009, 01:16 AM
LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where I bought mine are not a sponsor or advertiser here, so PM me and I'll get you the info. I've got a name and email. I got a killer deal, better than anyone else in US. Plus excellent customer service.

By the way, if you have any tech questions, I've got KW's tech guy's name # as well.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:22 AM
Anders
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes I have ceramics. As far as I know there were no issues.

I haven't really looked to see if it is a tight fit though.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:45 AM
T2
Addict
Rennlist Member

LA964RS,

Thanks for the info on the dealer - talked with the owner yesterday at length - we'll be placing an order here in about a week - I appreciate everyone's input and feedback!! Here's to the next 213,000 miles of fun!! T2

Quick Reply: KW V3 Users