Sponsored by:

2003 Porsche 911 Turbo - $35,800

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 11:32 AM
raineycd
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by judd944
Yep, bluegrass pca region. We have a meeting in lexington tonight if you want to drive out. I would love to see the car!
Cool! Cant make it out tonight, but some other time!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by BMo
OMG! The thousands of $$$$ I coulda saved if I had only waited a couple of yrs!! Nah! I'da missed out on those 2 yrs of driving. Oh well.
That is what keep thinking... I got my car August, 2006 with 49,497 miles for - US$62,500.00 and jimq got his (X50) not too long after for about the same $...

Must not think about stuff like that... I have enjoyed the car, DE it once, and use it as a DD... hope to continue to do so for a few more years...
Old 02-16-2009, 04:20 PM
qirex
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raineycd
Woodside Credit just gave me an 8 year loan on a 2002 996TT. I think if you have good credit, financing is not an issue...
NOT!!!

if that were the case, the financial situation wouldnt be so dour...

the reason that the isht is hitting the fan is that individuals and BUSINESSES with previously good credit cant get it to meet payroll, buy distressed real estate, undervalued turbos.

Your credit union probably never got burnt by the junk loans that were out there - or are eager to start lending again.

Either way, this is the exception now - not the rule.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:14 PM
raineycd
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by qirex
NOT!!!

if that were the case, the financial situation wouldnt be so dour...

the reason that the isht is hitting the fan is that individuals and BUSINESSES with previously good credit cant get it to meet payroll, buy distressed real estate, undervalued turbos.

Your credit union probably never got burnt by the junk loans that were out there - or are eager to start lending again.

Either way, this is the exception now - not the rule.
I just tell it hows I see it. Woodside is not a credit union. They are a classic / exotic car finance company. http://www.woodsidecredit.com

They told me they normally dont loan on a 996TT or any other Porsche except for the 959. But if my credit was good enough, they would consider it and an 8 year term. Everything went through without a hitch and they did an excellent job communicating and making everything smooth.

So dont know if the classic / exotic industry is doing better than others, but I have a few bank / financial industry folks as clients and they say no problem getting money if credit is good... At least around here...
Old 02-16-2009, 11:29 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Wachuko
That is what keep thinking... I got my car August, 2006 with 49,497 miles for - US$62,500.00 and jimq got his (X50) not too long after for about the same $...

Must not think about stuff like that... I have enjoyed the car, DE it once, and use it as a DD... hope to continue to do so for a few more years...
I saw that car at Norts a week or so ago. I thought it was your car again Jaime!
My car hasnt lost nearly as much value as my 401K's and stock investments have so its actually been a good investment for me. If I had the money in the market it would be nearly worthless. At least I have the cars to enjoy

Last edited by jimq; 02-17-2009 at 12:20 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:20 PM
drh
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel so much better knowing I paid cash for my Turbo. I guess it sucks to be one of 'those guys' who over extended his finances for the sake of immediate gratification, and now finds himself having to dump his car for $35k.

Quick Reply: 2003 Porsche 911 Turbo - $35,800