Sponsored by:

New Turbo! (to me anyway!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Jackel
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Turbo! (to me anyway!)

Hi all. I've traded my C4 Cabrio in on the Turbo. I'll miss the convertible, but I love this Turbo. I bought it last night and have finally got to drive it around for a while. This is THE car I've always wanted!

Wow! What a machine.

So, I'll be lurking on this Forum now....

TY all for your input and info on the car trade-in/buying process.

Here's some pics....
Attached Images          
Old 11-12-2008, 10:28 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the colorado club...check out CO Porsche guys!

Love the rims..
Old 11-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Shane D
Pro

Question

You must be some excited! I wouldn't want to get out of it for a few days. Do you mind me asking what you paid? Was is it an X50?
Will you drive it in the winter?
Old 11-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good night nurse....datsa' bigga' speaker in da back man!....lover the aero kit on it.....I think I saw this one for sale not too long ago....welcome to the TT club and to this forum. We've got some great guys and gals here.

What tires do you have on there?
Old 11-13-2008, 01:35 AM
Freier
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

Good looking ride!
Old 11-13-2008, 06:20 AM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Received 299 Likes on 121 Posts

If it doesn't have a droning exhaust then that Sub-Woofer will make you go deaf instead!!

Congrats Dude!
Old 11-13-2008, 06:30 AM
jugger911
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can't go wrong with black wheels on red! Lovely car indeed. Enjoy her safely... Great choice.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:22 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Received 729 Likes on 369 Posts

Awesome car. What kind of exhaust? (tips don't look stock). I've always loved red turbos!
Old 11-13-2008, 03:33 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

wow what an awesome find...imo guards red is the nicest color for this car...sorry guys please don't hate me. i see that you already have some nice goodies on the car. love the wheels and exhaust tips. enjoy in good health and for many years to come.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:03 PM
Jackel
Instructor

Thank you all for the warm welcome to the "Turbo side"

The car is not an X50, but has all the Stage 2 goodies. ECU flash (EVO we think), EVO CAI, Tubi cats/exhaust/tips set, upgraded wastegate springs, etc. We (my mechanic and I) think it is in the 500-515 HP/TQ range. This fits with the mods done to it and how it performs on the street. I drove a "stock" X50 and this car is noticably quicker.

(I have to say "stock" in quotes, there is nothing stock about an upgrade to 444 HP from Porsche!)

I will be driving it year round as a daily driver just like my old, lamented Cabrio.... I'm hoping I can keep the lip spoiler intact, but I'll have to wait and see (and be VERY careful).

As far as price its hard to say as my trade in was "upside down" (for real, not just them saying that

After everything, I probably paid about 55k for it. With 15k in aftermarket stuff and lots of expensive Porsche options (including some "Porsche exclusive" stuff) I don't think it was too far off. It has 28,400 miles (for now!) Great deal for a $140k (list price) car just 6 years ago!

Anyway TY again for the warm welcome and I'll probably see some of you when I get to the next PCA meeting... Cheers.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:18 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

congrats, welcome
Old 11-14-2008, 12:07 AM
Shane D
Pro

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jackel
The car is not an X50, but has all the Stage 2 goodies. ECU flash (EVO we think), EVO CAI, Tubi cats/exhaust/tips set, upgraded wastegate springs, etc. We (my mechanic and I) think it is in the 500-515 HP/TQ range. This fits with the mods done to it and how it performs on the street. I drove a "stock" X50 and this car is noticably quicker.

Cool for you!

I will be driving it year round as a daily driver just like my old, lamented Cabrio.... I'm hoping I can keep the lip spoiler intact, but I'll have to wait and see (and be VERY careful).

Should be interesting in Colorado.

After everything, I probably paid about 55k for it. With 15k in aftermarket stuff and lots of expensive Porsche options (including some "Porsche exclusive" stuff) I don't think it was too far off. It has 28,400 miles (for now!) Great deal for a $140k (list price) car just 6 years ago!
Sounds like a pretty fair price with all the goodies.

I wish the retail season would start soon so that I could be sliding around in the snow with a turbo some time this winter.

Congratulations on your purchase!
Old 11-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Dr.D
Advanced

looks beautiful. Congrats. I think you got a great deal. It looks very clean, in and out. Real nice. enjoy.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can forget about keeping the lip intact. I tried dutifully to keep my original Porsche aero lip intact...and it lasted about a month....since then, I've bought two of the cheaper FVD lips when they get banged up to the point they're noticeable....you can get them from Sunset for around $237....that way you dont' have to flinch every time your $800 OEM (before you pay for it to be painted) gets nicked or cracked on a driveway, speed bump, or curb ditch.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Welcome! Guards red with Savanna Beige is a nice color combo. Really looks sharp with the wheels. If I may make a suggestion, perhaps to add to a growing wish list

This wheel....

with these paddles...

Just a suggestion as Tiptronic buttons have never made much sense to me...enjoy the car. Wish my Porsche had boost!

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Want to learn more about us? Click here...

Quick Reply: New Turbo! (to me anyway!)