Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Durametric Diagnostic

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 02:53 PM
MechanicalEng
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what is the mileage on your car? take it and divide it by the total running hours (1959), you should get an average speed of about 30~40 mph
Old 12-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jaime, I did the same thing during my first DE. Sensory overload and I was hitting the rev limiter often. Only did it a few times the second DE and now I know the sound of my motor at full song so I don't hit it anymore. But that first DE is something!
Old 12-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's no diagnostic check for second pop-out. You have to take it out, stick it in second, and get on and off the gas so that the car goes forward and back in sort of a jerky movement thru the rpm band....if it stays in gear, it's ok (for the moment)...you have a very small # of Type II over revs....looks like a one time momentary event...As was already stated....no big deal and it happened at 1928 operating hours...not too long ago since you're at 1959 when you ran the numbers. I believe C02 is a California car IIRC.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:05 PM
raineycd
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
There's no diagnostic check for second pop-out. You have to take it out, stick it in second, and get on and off the gas so that the car goes forward and back in sort of a jerky movement thru the rpm band....if it stays in gear, it's ok (for the moment)...you have a very small # of Type II over revs....looks like a one time momentary event...As was already stated....no big deal and it happened at 1928 operating hours...not too long ago since you're at 1959 when you ran the numbers. I believe C02 is a California car IIRC.
Thanks for the info! I am picking up a 2002 996TT tomorrow! I want to be sure I check it all out... That diag image was not mine... Just one I quoted...

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Durametric Diagnostic