Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

996 TT stock seats too narrow, too tight ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 548 Posts

I've been doing crunches since college and still have lower back aches if I drive my Turbo for more than about two hours.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:37 PM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by turbolou
... I too work out with a trainer weekly.The fact that she's a hot blond also helps...
forget about the seats...where do you exercise?
Old 08-12-2008, 12:04 AM
rescuelabjake
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM Sports Seat?

If you find the stock seats too tight, too narrow then I think the last thing you want are the sport seats I'm sure someone has already said this,(there's nothing new under the forum).

I have stock sport seats & love 'em but when I get in a friend's Porsche with standard seats they feel wide and comfy in a totally different way. I have lower back problems and it doesn't matter what the seat is like if I go for a long, long drive I want sedation. But the sport seats are the most comfortable seats I've ever found. I'm a big guy too 6' 2", 195 and the sport seats hold me in place perfectly--especially for really rowdy, fast, as my gentile friends like to call spirited, driving in sustained, intense curves.

I you find the standard seats confining, you don't want sport seats. If the problem is the lumbar issue then maybe some kind of bag or whatever is being suggested will help--if not high quality after-market seats such as Recaro might be very helpful. But given the $ you will be throwing about for that type of seat without question try them first. Hope you find something that works for you soon--so you can enjoy your car--not be crippled by it. jaj
Old 08-12-2008, 02:44 AM
turbolou
Instructor

Talking Reply

Originally Posted by Sam CS 05
forget about the seats...where do you exercise?
Yeah Sam, she's my idea of a perfect woman,Blond hair,no teeth,big ears,flat head, three ft. tall & her father owns a liquor store. No I won't share either.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:53 AM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

i had the recarro sport seats on my prvious cabrio and they were great and very comfortable...much more than the oem and oem sport seats. the recarro had lumbar support adjustments as well as leg extension adjustment that is nice for long trips. sold them about a year ago to another rennlister. they were black leather and very nicely put together...recommend them highly.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by turbolou
Yeah Sam, she's my idea of a perfect woman,Blond hair,no teeth,big ears,flat head, three ft. tall & her father owns a liquor store. No I won't share either.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rescuelabjake
If you find the stock seats too tight, too narrow then I think the last thing you want are the sport seats I'm sure someone has already said this,(there's nothing new under the forum).

I have stock sport seats & love 'em but when I get in a friend's Porsche with standard seats they feel wide and comfy in a totally different way. I have lower back problems and it doesn't matter what the seat is like if I go for a long, long drive I want sedation. But the sport seats are the most comfortable seats I've ever found. I'm a big guy too 6' 2", 195 and the sport seats hold me in place perfectly--especially for really rowdy, fast, as my gentile friends like to call spirited, driving in sustained, intense curves.

I you find the standard seats confining, you don't want sport seats. If the problem is the lumbar issue then maybe some kind of bag or whatever is being suggested will help--if not high quality after-market seats such as Recaro might be very helpful. But given the $ you will be throwing about for that type of seat without question try them first. Hope you find something that works for you soon--so you can enjoy your car--not be crippled by it. jaj
thanks, I am looking into trying an inflatable lumbar support if that does not work then I will look into a set of possibly Recaro seats, BTW, I can still enjoy the car as long as I get some breaks but my real concern is as I use it more & more for DD to have increased symptoms...right now I find myself appreciating my Cayennes comfortable seats with a very nice adjustable lumbar support.
Sam

Last edited by Sam CS 05; 08-12-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by manny_g
i had the recarro sport seats on my prvious cabrio and they were great and very comfortable...much more than the oem and oem sport seats. the recarro had lumbar support adjustments as well as leg extension adjustment that is nice for long trips. sold them about a year ago to another rennlister. they were black leather and very nicely put together...recommend them highly.
+1,
I have seen the picture of one Recaro model which can also provide the heated/vented option, I think in the long run that'll be my best course of action.
Sam

Quick Reply: 996 TT stock seats too narrow, too tight ???