Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 11:45 PM
Tony@epl
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slant911
I think that many of the last few responses are in poor taste. Personally I do business with Kevin and feel he is the best around at what he does. Tony hit Kevin on a bad day on this thread as it wasn't all that bad on Tony's part from where I stand. However, this thread must have pushed Kevin over the edge because Tony seems to seek out his (Kevin's) infomational posts and throw in an "I can do that better" comment all the time. I'd like to see both of these guys and many other very smart people give us info. Hell that's what these forums are for. But let's not have a dick measuring contest here cause none of you have a chance if I whip mine out
This is the first time Im checking in this evening and honestly am upset in the direction this thread has gone.

I chined in to Kevin's post to let him know I respected his innovation and support his developments of at this point "old" platform....

This has spiraled out of control into something it didn't need to be.

At this point, I ask that people refrain from posting about anything besides Kevin's original post.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:18 AM
jags911tt
Instructor

Wow! Tony said:

This is a great wheel!! We've been using the 997 wheels in the audi market for a few months now with fantastic results.

And how is this comment in any way, shape, or form negative
Old 03-16-2008, 11:18 AM
drh
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by highhats996tt
this has nothing to do with his skills yet the attitude I see towards any kind of change on this board. You guys all live in a dream world Well EPL is HERE and there comin to getya.

PS regardless if I use Tony or not doesnt give you guys the right to be a D!ck to a board sponsor. Grow up. especially with your PM's to board sponsors Mr. UMW and friends. KPG why dont you ask Kevin about that. The facts are the facts, EPL has a cheap proven 600 kit which should destroy sales for all you big boys. It ain't no secret. It doesnt cost alot of money to make 600 hp out of these cars. NEVER HAS.
I think it fair to say a pattern is emerging with you, both here and across the street.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill
Old 03-16-2008, 01:43 PM
ZX9RCAM
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jags911tt
Wow! Tony said:

This is a great wheel!! We've been using the 997 wheels in the audi market for a few months now with fantastic results.

And how is this comment in any way, shape, or form negative
By itself, the comment is not "negative", but it is very easy to take it as a "back handed jab" in the sense that he is infering it is no big deal as he (Tony) had been doing that for months already.....kinda hard for me to put it into the proper wording....just my .02, of course....YMMV

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.....

Last edited by ZX9RCAM; 03-16-2008 at 01:44 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-16-2008, 02:40 PM
roadsterdoc
Advanced

With the exception of highhats, everyone has made reasonable points. Kevin has the right to protect his market share but he doesn't follow the golden rule. It seems that nobody on the forum ever says anything about it publicly so the behavior persists. Maybe it doesn't bother anyone else. Maybe I don't know the whole story. It may be more than just politics. I don't know and I guess I don't need to know.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts

Roadsterdoc, as a sponsor on this forum I do have a right to bring new product to the market. And while I pay to voice my opinion I also give advice freely to other folks on this forum. If you look towards the very top of this forum you will see Sticky threads with other sponsors bringing there product to the market. The last time that you see me on this forum in another sponsors product threads was over a year ago with regards to my comment about a Fabspeed exhaust. Needless to say my comment was removed and John D verbally rebuked me, and kindly reminded me about the Sponsor on Sponsor rules.

Whenever I bring out a new product line the "Shill" (thanks drh)factor comes out in full force. With all of this said.. I will be posting my "new Stage 2 "B" tuning kit..
Old 03-16-2008, 06:21 PM
slant911
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I "was" going to shut up now. BUT,

There is something else that bugs me. Each of the people who have come out to support Tony (highhats, Mr. C, etc...) are all "users" and not "members". None of them have real names, none have paid to be here, some with very few posts other than to stand up for Tony (like he needs help or something). Again I want to hear everyone's info including Tony's even though I am a UMW customer. But if you few guys can't take the time or open up your wallet to be members then your opinion doesn't mean much to anyone here.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:34 PM
deandob
Intermediate

Kevin, what is the ETA for your new Stage 2 "B" kit?
Old 03-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Dean, it's ready to ship..
Old 03-17-2008, 12:47 AM
roadsterdoc
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kevin
Roadsterdoc, as a sponsor on this forum I do have a right to bring new product to the market. And while I pay to voice my opinion I also give advice freely to other folks on this forum. If you look towards the very top of this forum you will see Sticky threads with other sponsors bringing there product to the market. The last time that you see me on this forum in another sponsors product threads was over a year ago with regards to my comment about a Fabspeed exhaust. Needless to say my comment was removed and John D verbally rebuked me, and kindly reminded me about the Sponsor on Sponsor rules.

Whenever I bring out a new product line the "Shill" (thanks drh)factor comes out in full force. With all of this said.. I will be posting my "new Stage 2 "B" tuning kit..
I appreciate you taking the time to address this. I agree with all of your points. I understand your concern now after seeing what others have to say. I would not be at all offended if a moderator came in and removed every post not related to the subject (yours, mine, all of them). OTOH I guess it is good to have such things aired publicly, although is smelly.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:44 AM
MGS996
Racer

Kevin, I am still undecided which UMW path I will take.

Option 1. (Stage 2 / ZC / Waste gate upgrade / 5 FPR / Race Gas file)

Option 2. (Stage 2 ‘B’ package)

From a logistics standpoint it maybe easier if I source a pair of donor turbo’s. I understand option 1 requires K16 cores. If I go with option 2 what best works for you re donor cores - K16 or K24 ?
Old 03-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MGS996
Kevin, I am still undecided which UMW path I will take.

Option 1. (Stage 2 / ZC / Waste gate upgrade / 5 FPR / Race Gas file)

Option 2. (Stage 2 ‘B’ package)

From a logistics standpoint it maybe easier if I source a pair of donor turbo’s. I understand option 1 requires K16 cores. If I go with option 2 what best works for you re donor cores - K16 or K24 ?
Same here

I know i want a UMW kit and im soon ready for it, but i cant decide what i want i need a better spec on what parts is included in each kit an pictures an so on
Old 03-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

If you want the Stage 2 platform built from K24's it is available, if you want it built from K16 platform it can be done. Due to the ease of marketing I will incorperate the "B" kit which will be based on the K16 turbine housing and a "C" kit based on the K24 housing.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:56 AM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have gt2 so i have the k24 and like them alot, lag is no problem for me, i track my car alot
Old 03-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rickard, for the K24 owners, my new K24 HyFlow turbine wheel is available as a option.

Quick Reply: The new 997GT2 compressor wheel