Sponsored by:

The new 997GT2 compressor wheel

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 07:26 PM
deandob
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kevin,

I assume this is for a K24 turbo not a K16/K24 upgrade. Is there anything like this planned for a K16 retrofit?
Old 03-14-2008, 07:52 PM
slant911
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Kevin,

Interested as the poster above about a hybrid K16/24 using this wheel. Possible?
Old 03-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 312 Likes on 218 Posts

Already have it running... However, extensive turbine housing and turbine wheel mods need to take place.. Once installed you will quickly find out that your fuel system needs larger injectors & MAF solution>> hence Stage 2 "B"
Old 03-14-2008, 09:43 PM
KPG
Pro

Since this wheel obviously came out of a GT2 with OEM VGTs, is this design somehow maximized for use in a VGT as opposed to a non VGT application...or the does the wheel not know or care...
Old 03-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 312 Likes on 218 Posts

It is the vanes inside the turbine housing that accelerates the turbine wheel quicker vs a non vaned turbine housing. As we know this translates to a compressor wheel that in practice will deliver more air sooner than non-vaned units. To deliver that air required, the wheel does need to be larger, there was alot of engineering time spent in developing the larger wheel, but keeping the mass and weight down.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:53 AM
roadsterdoc
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kevin
Tony out of respect to my company and my product line, I wish that you stay on your own threads..
Is this thread a discsussion on an open forum or is it an adverstisement? It is quite hypocritical behavior because whenever there is a post by someone looking to buy something from another vendor, Kevin habitually posts "call me/pm me" which is much more aggressive than what this guy did. I have no alliance to him or any other vendor BTW. I am just sick of seeing the aggressive marketing and territorial behavior.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:34 AM
highhats996tt
6th Gear

You think thats bad you should see the behind the scenes trouble this guy causes to new Board sponsors. You pay for rennlist freedom. No one is gonna shut Tony up. What he does is a miracle to this industry. NO MORE P TAX! Yet he still makes money and everyone is happy. Keep it up Tony.

S
Old 03-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Mr C
Intermediate

sorry highhats, you mean Tony does good to this industry by offering "tuning" for prices even a prostitute would consider a bargain? I don't agree, quality, tools, equipment and R&D have a price, care to share more with us about EPL's setup, are they equipped with tools to work on a Porsche at least? I don't think so.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Tony@epl
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mr C
sorry highhats, you mean Tony does good to this industry by offering "tuning" for prices even a prostitute would consider a bargain? I don't agree, quality, tools, equipment and R&D have a price, care to share more with us about EPL's setup, are they equipped with tools to work on a Porsche at least? I don't think so.
MR C-

Im curious what you know about me and my business.

If you are interested in discussing my experience custom tuning over 500 motronic cars, my facility with an awd chassis dyno and our years of experience build high horse power cars....feel free to give me a call sometime.

Thanks,
Tony
Old 03-15-2008, 04:27 PM
KPG
Pro

Originally Posted by highhats996tt
You think thats bad you should see the behind the scenes trouble this guy causes to new Board sponsors. You pay for rennlist freedom. No one is gonna shut Tony up. What he does is a miracle to this industry. NO MORE P TAX! Yet he still makes money and everyone is happy. Keep it up Tony.

S
So Tony is the new computer genius as you just posted on the other thread. If he is such a genius, why isnt he tuning YOUR car? Looks like a stinging indictment on his abilities...or lack thereof. Here is the link where you said the tune for your car is Vivid... http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...=118385&page=4
Everyone is supposed to now believe Tony is the Messiah from someone who won't even use him on his own big build Porsche? Hypocrrisy at its finest....
If you believe in Tony thats fine with me, but dont come on here questioning Kevin's honesty and integrity. Show some class....
Old 03-15-2008, 06:09 PM
highhats996tt
6th Gear

this has nothing to do with his skills yet the attitude I see towards any kind of change on this board. You guys all live in a dream world Well EPL is HERE and there comin to getya.

PS regardless if I use Tony or not doesnt give you guys the right to be a D!ck to a board sponsor. Grow up. especially with your PM's to board sponsors Mr. UMW and friends. KPG why dont you ask Kevin about that. The facts are the facts, EPL has a cheap proven 600 kit which should destroy sales for all you big boys. It ain't no secret. It doesnt cost alot of money to make 600 hp out of these cars. NEVER HAS.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:59 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

this is not the post to have these discussion. kevin felt that it was not appropriate for tony to chime on this post and tony respectfully responded. that is where it should end. this bashing back and forth and attempts at discrediting people, their business, and knowledge should have no place here...we are all intelligent enough to make our own descision to whom we want to give our business and money to.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Mr C
Intermediate

Originally Posted by highhats996tt
this has nothing to do with his skills yet the attitude I see towards any kind of change on this board. You guys all live in a dream world Well EPL is HERE and there comin to getya.

PS regardless if I use Tony or not doesnt give you guys the right to be a D!ck to a board sponsor. Grow up. especially with your PM's to board sponsors Mr. UMW and friends. KPG why dont you ask Kevin about that. The facts are the facts, EPL has a cheap proven 600 kit which should destroy sales for all you big boys. It ain't no secret. It doesnt cost alot of money to make 600 hp out of these cars. NEVER HAS.

Proven reliable 600 crank HP kit on a car with a stock exhaust? How long has this kit been running for? I'd love to see a log of EGTs before the turbines on BOTH banks on a pull in 4th gear, or in 5th/6th gears if EPL has ***** big enough or an insurance policy good enough.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

paranoid?
Old 03-15-2008, 08:47 PM
slant911
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think that many of the last few responses are in poor taste. Personally I do business with Kevin and feel he is the best around at what he does. Tony hit Kevin on a bad day on this thread as it wasn't all that bad on Tony's part from where I stand. However, this thread must have pushed Kevin over the edge because Tony seems to seek out his (Kevin's) infomational posts and throw in an "I can do that better" comment all the time. I'd like to see both of these guys and many other very smart people give us info. Hell that's what these forums are for. But let's not have a dick measuring contest here cause none of you have a chance if I whip mine out

Quick Reply: The new 997GT2 compressor wheel