Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poll: How do you pronounce Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 11:52 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Poll: How do you pronounce Porsche?

Link to Poll---> https://rennlist.com/forums/general-porsche-discussions-forum/408840-how-do-you-pronounce-porsche.html
Old 02-08-2008, 12:02 AM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 548 Posts

Why would you intentionally pronounce someone's name the wrong way?
Old 02-08-2008, 03:22 AM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I pronounce it Porsche.

And WTH did you spam the forum for this?
Old 02-08-2008, 01:55 PM
slant911
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It is and always will be a 2 syllable word.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:47 PM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

How do you pronounce "Why are you asking this question?"
The 1960's was the last era in which this was in any way acceptable.
My answer is, "If you can't pronounce it, please don't buy it" AS
Old 02-08-2008, 08:24 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Originally Posted by Alexander Stemer
How do you pronounce "Why are you asking this question?"
The 1960's was the last era in which this was in any way acceptable.
My answer is, "If you can't pronounce it, please don't buy it" AS
Never asked how to pronounce it, I asked how YOU pronounce it! As in the right way, or the wrong way.

Personally, I think it's a car, and I don't have to pronounce it, just enjoy and drive it!!
Old 02-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by arr0gant
Personally, I think it's a car, and I don't have to pronounce it, just enjoy and drive it!!
And there's your problem...it's more than a car, it's someone's name.

Why would you want to intentionally mispronounce someone's name??
Old 02-08-2008, 08:52 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dock
And there's your problem...it's more than a car, it's someone's name.

Why would you want to intentionally mispronounce someone's name??
It has always been a Porsh to me and it will continue to be. I love the car, and pronounce the name is I do. While I appreciate your opinion, I don't think it should bother you, or anyone else. It's not that big of a deal, from where I stand.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

It has always been a Porsh to me and it will continue to be. I love the car, and pronounce the name is I do. While I appreciate your opinion, I don't think it should bother you, or anyone else. It's not that big of a deal, from where I stand.
Oh, it doesn't bother me at all. I just chalk this up as another example of how some people don't seem to want to learn how to improve themselves. I certainly don't pronounce all words correctly, but I don't intentionally try to mispronounce words...and I try very hard not to butcher people's names when I say them...because in my opinion it's rude to do so.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:31 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dock
Oh, it doesn't bother me at all. I just chalk this up as another example of how some people don't seem to want to learn how to improve themselves. I certainly don't pronounce all words correctly, but I don't intentionally try to mispronounce words...and I try very hard not to butcher people's names when I say them...because in my opinion it's rude to do so.
Wow, you've deducted so much about me as a human being based on the fact I choose to say Porsh and will continue to. ..and all this, chatting over a messageboard nonetheless.... Your insights in the area of psychology and human behavior are unparalleled.

Myopic, shortsighted and judgmental. Nice combo!!
Old 02-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

So someone writes about a specific behavior they have; intentionally mispronouncing someone's name. Why do you think it takes some kind of skill in the area of psychology and/or human behavior to be able to comprehend what that person has freely admitted?
Old 02-09-2008, 02:18 AM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Wow, you've deducted so much about me as a human being based on the fact I choose to say Porsh and will continue to. ..and all this, chatting over a messageboard nonetheless.... Your insights in the area of psychology and human behavior are unparalleled.

Myopic, shortsighted and judgmental. Nice combo!!
Actually, you can deduct a fair amount about a human being from what they say and what they do.
I'd say a guy who chooses to intentionally mispronounce a name is ignorant and arrogant. And, I'd guess you'd agree, since that is what you call yourself. Can't wait until you ask another question.
If you see Dock as judgemental, shortsighted, and myopic, I really can't imagine what that makes you. I have a reasonable command of English, but I'm struggling for the right words.
I've got it now.
Juvenile Moronic Retard. I'll trademark that and reserve it so you can use it in your next signature. Please spend your time elsewhere. AS
Old 02-09-2008, 03:15 AM
Zippy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, you can deduct a fair amount about a human being from what they say and what they do.
I'd say a guy who chooses to intentionally mispronounce a name is ignorant and arrogant. And, I'd guess you'd agree, since that is what you call yourself. Can't wait until you ask another question.
If you see Dock as judgemental, shortsighted, and myopic, I really can't imagine what that makes you. I have a reasonable command of English, but I'm struggling for the right words.
I've got it now.
Juvenile Moronic Retard. I'll trademark that and reserve it so you can use it in your next signature. Please spend your time elsewhere. AS
Alex, you're being a turd again.

Nice to see you quizzing about getting your car flashed the other day. Are you considering putting your "Stock Junkie" ways behind you? You relize you'll have many appologies to make if you do. Kinda like Step "6" (?)

Last edited by Zippy; 02-09-2008 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:18 AM
arr0gant
Drifting

I've got it now.
Alex,
I was only asking how people pronounce Porsche. Anyway, I want you to know, I pass no judgement against you, as I'm sure you pass no real judgement on me. This was simply a question I was pondering - what % of people say Porsh and what % say Porsha, and maybe having a little fun at the same time...that's it, plain and simple. Peace to you!!

Last edited by arr0gant; 02-09-2008 at 04:10 AM.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:17 AM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Alex,
I was only asking how people pronounce Porsche. Anyway, I want you to know, I pass no judgement against you, as I'm sure you pass no real judgement on me. This was simply a question I was pondering - what % of people say Porsh and what % say Porsha, and maybe having a little fun at the same time...that's it, plain and simple. Peace to you!!
Got it. Thanks.
I'd say very few use that pronunciation. There are car neophytes who do, but quickly change, as it is recognized as incorrect. Just as nobody would prounounce Zach (abbreviation for Zachary) as "Zatch", if they knew the person's name was pronounced "Zak". Perhaps more similar would be use of the response ' touche' " and pronouncing it "touch" or "Toosh". I think when it happens once, it's naivte, but twice and it's annoying.
"You say tomatoe and I say tomahto" can be referenced, but, if you keep saying "tomahto" and you aren't British, it seems affected.
Just my opinion. AS

Quick Reply: Poll: How do you pronounce Porsche?