Sponsored by:

Very strange clutch problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 03:28 PM
dixie
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very strange clutch problem

Hello,last week they installed a Sachs clutch including LWFW,when I drove home I somethimes couldn't engage the clutch completely,only 3/4 and the pedal stopped,shifting however was never a problem.
Today they changed the actuator ,new slave cylinder and also the little pump on the clutch pedal,but it's still the same,all the hydrolics are changed but somethimes I can only push the pedal 3/4,shifting is never a problem also with the pedal engaged 3/4 of full lenght.
The strange thing is when the car is running at idle I can engage the clutch always,it never gets stuck at 3/4.
Nothing is making a strange noise and the mechanic looked at the clutch inside with a small camera and everything seemes fine.
Anybody have an idea what this could cause?
Thanks a lot...
Old 12-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 336 Likes on 224 Posts

With my experience in selling and installing the Sachs race plates and uprated clutch disks. I have seen installers install the ring gear incorrectly, and install the disk with the wrong side facing the flywheel.

If those conditions are correct, then one must adhere to "not" using a impact gun to tighten the pressure plate. The factory recommends that one turn the pressure plate fasteners 1/2 turn and tighten in a clockwise rotation. Not in a Xcross pattern. Once the plate is snug and tight against the disk one can them apply the factory torque specs in a Xcross pattern. Failure in doing this will result in cracking the perimeter of pressure plate and you will lose your engagement..
Old 12-12-2007, 06:13 PM
dixie
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a lot Kevin,we will see if everything is installed correctly...

Quick Reply: Very strange clutch problem