Sponsored by:

Threw on a set of Europipes....

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 01:08 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Threw on a set of Europipes....

It seems that the thing with exhaust systems is that everyone who puts on their particular brand sings their praises and swears they're the best thing going.

Well today, I threw on a set of the Stage 1 Europipes I bought from another Rennlister who wanted to jump up to 700 and these are limited to 600 HP. Hurt me....geez...I gotta' stay at 600!! I don't intend to flash the car.

The only downside to the Europipes are that they cost so much...but when I fired the X50 up for the first time I was ecstatic. They actually stay quite tame after the initial start up rumble, and just sort of purr....and dont' really open up til you hit 3500-6000, then you can tell you have an upgraded exhuast system. If you tap the accelerator....they definitely let you know they're there, but there's absolutely no drone or burble. I can't stand any drone or harmonic warble at all and I'm really picky about that.

All the descriptions of the various exhaust systems are so subjective...everyone uses the same descriptions.....so I'll just say that these are really great and I'm so pleased that I bought them. You can go to the Europipe website and see their db measurements taken inside and outside of the car at different rpms, and also compared to the stock systems you have.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:27 AM
rpdurkee
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also just put Europipe (loud) on my '03 pp6tt. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! Bought mine thru Kevin.
That guy is special .
I ordered the Europipe, but before it arrived He sent me at no charge a set of stoock headers so I could modify them (DIY). The exhaust arrived, and I was able to install the modded headers at the same time as the Europipe , then I returned to Kevin my stock headers!
I was really worried tht the 'LOUD" would be tt loud for my neighborhood, but its perfect. Everybody comments on how great it sounds.
rick
Old 11-04-2007, 11:54 AM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

Congrats Chuck...the thing about EPs is they get BETTER with age! Enjoy.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:59 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

wross: I'm glad some things get better with age....Do you think there's still hope for me?.

I looked at the Europipe website and was initially concerned that the db ratings were only a couple of points off from the stock ones, and that they'd be barely louder.....but now that they're on there, they are just right. I am very pleased and dont' need anything more than Stage 1. What a shame huh? I'm limited to 600 HP....sad really I see you have the Stage II quiet....but from what I hear, the definition of quiet isn't exactly that quiet. I also see that there's not too many mods you haven't done. Do you think the EVO hoses do anything for you other than brighten up the engine compartment with color coordinated parts?
Old 11-06-2007, 03:38 AM
Zippy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
...Well today, I threw on a set of the Stage 1 Europipes I bought from another Rennlister...
Congrats and welcome to Europipe Chuck! It's an outstanding product. And to truly be a part of the club, it's important to refer to her in the singular form, not plural. Otherwise she might get jealous and not put out like she does!
Old 11-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Zippy: I shuda' otta' knowed that Europipe, being a singular unit, was singular rather than the plural form. I have just finushed my new grammer book called....What Harvard Done for me.

Did you ever do a dyno of before and after....or do you have any sort of feedback from other Europipe folks who can attest to any performance enhancement? Do you think it spools faster or has a better top or bottom end? However....looking at your sig block....you're pushing 700...so any meager gains would be lost in the higher numbers....
Old 11-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Zippy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Chuck! Stef @ Europipe tells me the stage 2 spools 500 RPM faster than OEM exhaust. I believe this. Even if it didn't, who cares the EP2 sounds so great. The backpressure from the EP2 is 50% of that from the OEM exhaust. My custom Europipe has 50% of the backpressure of the EP2. I think you will find that reduced backpressure has a larger impact in HP/TQ terms on a higher power car than lower power car. Enjoy the PIPE!

Mike
Old 11-06-2007, 05:16 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

Do you think the EVO hoses do anything for you other than brighten up the engine compartment with color coordinated parts?
the hoses are rated for higher boost pressures when you modify these cars. also help when up-grading the intercoolers for better flow. if you are not going to increase boost pressures these hoses will not do anything for you..
Old 11-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 336 Likes on 224 Posts

The "updated" factory Porsche hoses do a VERY nice job with higher boost levels.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:19 PM
Zippy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kevin
The "updated" factory Porsche hoses do a VERY nice job with higher boost levels.

Kevin, How much boost are they rated for and what do they cost?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 336 Likes on 224 Posts

I have installed them and recommend them on my Stage 2 and Stage 3 kits.

I have them on my own cars.. The newer design has a reinforced collar and tap that has solder behind it to prevent it from tearing.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:10 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Mike: As I said previously, I don't plan on chasing higher numbers, so I'm content to stay where I am. I havent' seen too many guys go with the Stage 1 because is does limit your bigger HP applications...but I just really appreciate the great sound it produces. The sound alone was worth the money, the build, welds, and quality are as good as any I've seen, it doesn't drone or throw CEL's and any upgraded performance I get is just gravy. Every time I fire it up I smile. And yes, I've learned to say Europipe in the singular form.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:08 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Chuck - I'm glad you like the Europipe (did I done said that right? )! I'll bet it sounds sweet! You know, you CAN come back and visit us on the 996 Forum every now and then!
Old 11-09-2007, 06:33 AM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Received 299 Likes on 121 Posts

Dear ********: I HAVE been visiting you on the 996 forum....don't you remember you insulted me not more than a week ago? Remember the comment about encourageing you to take your medication?

Ouch!!
Old 11-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Zippy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mike: As I said previously, I don't plan on chasing higher numbers, so I'm content to stay where I am. I havent' seen too many guys go with the Stage 1 because is does limit your bigger HP applications...but I just really appreciate the great sound it produces. The sound alone was worth the money, the build, welds, and quality are as good as any I've seen, it doesn't drone or throw CEL's and any upgraded performance I get is just gravy. Every time I fire it up I smile. And yes, I've learned to say Europipe in the singular form.

I agree 100% Chuck: A Europipe in addition to a nice coil over suspension and a short shift kit and you have a real nice car.... I might find it hard to resist the 2K on a stage 2 flash though... and that would be it... nothing else. Maybey through on a set of GT2 intercoolers, they are OEM right? What harm could that be, they are stock after all. GT2 Wheels are "stock" too for that matter. A little fender rolling and 245/40/18 & 335/30/18 RA1s will fit in the wheel wells!

Like I said Chuck, I agree 100%. You gotta love the Pipe!

Quick Reply: Threw on a set of Europipes....