Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FVD USA is Proud to be a New Rennlist Board Sponsor - 996TT Flash Load Programming

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 06:56 PM
FVD-USA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FVD USA is Proud to be a New Rennlist Board Sponsor - 996TT Flash Load Programming

Don’t follow the pack anymore- LEAD IT!

FVD-Brombacher is proud to introduce our new flash load ECU upgrade, making do-it-yourself at home ECU tuning for all late model Porsche vehicles a reality. In conjunction with our Flash load programming roll out, FVD has reduced the price our 996 turbo programming to $1,595. Unlike the competition, this price also covers X50 and GT2 model programming, which costs nearly an additional $1000 dollars for these applications.
Our Windows® based software is a simple, computer guided experience that requires hardly any user input and little more than a computer with an internet connection.
Our program allows users to input performance upgrades already installed on the vehicle which enables FVD-Brombacher to custom tune a program to suit individual requirements. Whether your vehicle is completely stock or heavily modified FVD-Brombacher has a program for you! FVD-Brombacher’s flash load software also allows customers the ability to flash their ECU back to stock anytime using the same software and supplied cable. FVD-Brombacher offers a 14-day money back guarantee on our software upgrades and free program updates should the customer decide to step performance with one of our level kit options. Level kits are companion parts designed to work seamlessly in concert with our tuning software to maximize your Porsche’s performance. Contact FVD-Brombacher for further information regarding our programming or any of our vehicle specific level kit options and find out why more and more enthusiasts choose to put our passion into their Porsche!

FVD 996 100 51 996 Turbo Level 1 (490HP / 542LB FT)

996 TT:
Stock (6 speed):
Max. Power - (420HP) @ 6000rpm
Max. Torque -(413lb ft) @ 3500-4500rpm
Max. Speed - 305km/h
Max. RPM - 6750rpm
Acceleration 0-100km/h - 4.2s

996 TT:
FVD Tuning (6 speed):
Max. Power - (490HP) @ 6000rpm
Max. Torque - (542lb ft) @ 4000rpm
Max. Speed - 318km/h
Max. RPM - 7000rpm
Acceleration 0-100km/h - 3.9s

5% OFF for all Rennlist Members

Toll Free: 1-800-274-2220
Fax: 954-977-7650
Email: info@fvd.us

Visit the WORLDS LARGEST Porsche Online Shop at www.fvd.us for over 35,000 parts!!

US DISTRIBUTOR for Fuch's Premium Exhausts, and Trickstuff Brake Pads!
Old 08-29-2007, 09:14 PM
atlshaver
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice torque increase! I have purchased several things from this company - good group of people. Welcome!
Old 08-29-2007, 11:42 PM
calturbo
Instructor

Originally Posted by FVD-USA
Don’t follow the pack anymore- LEAD IT!

FVD-Brombacher is proud to introduce our new flash load ECU upgrade, making do-it-yourself at home ECU tuning for all late model Porsche vehicles a reality. In conjunction with our Flash load programming roll out, FVD has reduced the price our 996 turbo programming to $1,595. Unlike the competition, this price also covers X50 and GT2 model programming, which costs nearly an additional $1000 dollars for these applications.
Our Windows® based software is a simple, computer guided experience that requires hardly any user input and little more than a computer with an internet connection.
Our program allows users to input performance upgrades already installed on the vehicle which enables FVD-Brombacher to custom tune a program to suit individual requirements. Whether your vehicle is completely stock or heavily modified FVD-Brombacher has a program for you! FVD-Brombacher’s flash load software also allows customers the ability to flash their ECU back to stock anytime using the same software and supplied cable. FVD-Brombacher offers a 14-day money back guarantee on our software upgrades and free program updates should the customer decide to step performance with one of our level kit options. Level kits are companion parts designed to work seamlessly in concert with our tuning software to maximize your Porsche’s performance. Contact FVD-Brombacher for further information regarding our programming or any of our vehicle specific level kit options and find out why more and more enthusiasts choose to put our passion into their Porsche!

FVD 996 100 51 996 Turbo Level 1 (490HP / 542LB FT)

996 TT:
Stock (6 speed):
Max. Power - (420HP) @ 6000rpm
Max. Torque -(413lb ft) @ 3500-4500rpm
Max. Speed - 305km/h
Max. RPM - 6750rpm
Acceleration 0-100km/h - 4.2s

996 TT:
FVD Tuning (6 speed):
Max. Power - (490HP) @ 6000rpm
Max. Torque - (542lb ft) @ 4000rpm
Max. Speed - 318km/h
Max. RPM - 7000rpm
Acceleration 0-100km/h - 3.9s

Visit the WORLDS LARGEST Porsche Online Shop at www.fvd.us for over 35,000 parts!!

I would love to have the extra punch, but I am told that the dealership can tell when you flash and then try to re-flash to stock.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:14 AM
justinmm2
Burning Brakes

Is the ~130 lb-ft difference with the flash only? That seems significantly more than other flashes, which are all roughly 75 lb-ft on stock K16s.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:20 AM
atlshaver
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by calturbo
I would love to have the extra punch, but I am told that the dealership can tell when you flash and then try to re-flash to stock.
True but I have never had a dealer give me any problem with flashed cars. And I have modified every BMW, Mercedes, and Porsche that I have/currently own. It comes down to having a good relationship with the dealer, IMO.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:52 AM
mmmmmm
Intermediate

Do you have the figures for the x50?

hp, torque, bar, 0-100, 1/4 mile times.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by calturbo
When you load our tuned software it does not advance the “counter” as seen on the dealer PWIS tester in the DME C.U. under vehicle data. This is also true when the file is flashed back to stock with our software as the number is also not advanced.

However, a warranty claim submitted to Porsche for an engine or emissions fault (Check Engine Light), a vehicle analysis log is generated and submitted for review with the claim. This is an extended read out of the DME, all faults stored in the control unit as well as detailed information about the ECU. All Porsche has to do is dig a little deeper under the surface of the DME and look at certain values in the coding to tell if it has been modified. It just depends on how deep they want to dig to find what they need. We do ensure whatever programming we extract gets put back bit by bit exactly as if programmed at the factory.

I hope this answers your question, thanks for the inquiry.

Old 08-30-2007, 02:47 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="2"] All Porsche has to do is dig a little deeper under the surface of the DME and look at certain values in the coding to tell if it has been modified. It just depends on how deep they want to dig to find what they need. We do ensure whatever programming we extract gets put back bit by bit exactly as if programmed at the factory.

I hope this answers your question, thanks for the inquiry.
I'm still confused...are you saying that Porsche can still find out if the DME has been modified even though you re-install the factory program? How about buying a spare DME with a performance software and removing the stock DME. If you ever need to go back to the dealership for warranty repairs you can go back and install the factory originall DME. If the DME is ever removed from the car does that trigger any code to let the factory know that the DME was removed?

I am interested in a performance software, but am extremely weary about the potential of future denial of warranty repairs because of modifying the DME.

Can you please elaborate further....
Old 08-30-2007, 03:45 PM
calturbo
Instructor

Originally Posted by manny_g
I'm still confused...are you saying that Porsche can still find out if the DME has been modified even though you re-install the factory program? How about buying a spare DME with a performance software and removing the stock DME. If you ever need to go back to the dealership for warranty repairs you can go back and install the factory originall DME. If the DME is ever removed from the car does that trigger any code to let the factory know that the DME was removed?

I am interested in a performance software, but am extremely weary about the potential of future denial of warranty repairs because of modifying the DME.

Can you please elaborate further....
Yes, Porsche can tell if a car is flashed and if you blow a $40,000 engine (2005 Turbo S), they will deep into the DME. Yes, some dealerships may only look at the surface, but they do need PCNA to sign off on certain warranty issues. Also, Dealerships are going to be tied into PCNA's computers and all DME information will be automatically forwarded to PCNA for evaluation and stored.

I would love to get an extra 50+hp for $2500 but since my car is newer and has only 3889 miles, I am chicken!.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:01 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by justinmm2
Is the ~130 lb-ft difference with the flash only? That seems significantly more than other flashes, which are all roughly 75 lb-ft on stock K16s.
The 130 lb ft increase (at the flywheel) is with a software upgrade and BMC sport filter technically, but to answer your question...yes with just the flash only. We tend to focus on torque rather than the HP gain. Here is the engine dyno graph for our 996 TT Level 1 (Flash Load Software & BMC):

Old 08-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mmmmmm
Do you have the figures for the x50?

hp, torque, bar, 0-100, 1/4 mile times.
996 TT X50 Tuning:
Max. Power - 525HP @ 6000rpm
Max. Torque - 557lb ft @ 4500rpm
Max. Speed - 329km/h
Max. RPM - 7000rpm
Acceleration 0-100km/h - 3.7s
Boost - 1.1 bar peak

Unfortunately we don't have a quarter mile time....sorry.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:24 PM
calturbo
Instructor

Looks great. Great job.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:25 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

Excellent stuff, welcome back FVD. Years of proven high quality/high performance products!
Old 08-31-2007, 06:35 PM
C DeVito
Racer

Is it the same price without the max RPM bump? Based on new information about the possible cause of Type 2 Over Rev counts, I'd rather keep the rev limiter stock.

The torque curve modification looks excellent for the K16 and in a very usable range for street work. I like the numbers for the X50 as well. Can you send me a graph for the X50?
Old 08-31-2007, 07:35 PM
mpclimber
Instructor

I looked over your installation procedure on 6 speed and I had a question. I don't have access to either a batter charger or internet in my garage (I live in a highrise and my wifi doesn't reach). How do you propose I complete the install?

Best Regards,
Michael

Quick Reply: FVD USA is Proud to be a New Rennlist Board Sponsor - 996TT Flash Load Programming