Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1
Old 08-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Received 299 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyingLow
Excellent hijack!
Thanks, I thought that one slipped under the radar??

Although I did feel that it was a general need to know thing, considering I am just about to start modding my car and I was considering how this may affect resale especially after reading this post.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeff: I was one of the guys who came to look at and drive your car. It was modded at that time and you had the Billy Boat mufflers on it and they resonated...and at that time I told you they drove me nuts.

You offered to put them back to stock...but with all the mods, I was a bit spooked. In addition, there are just too many silver cars out there and I was looking for a blue one...other than that, your price was fairly competitive with others that I looked at. I was a bit surprised that it didn't sell when you dropped the price.

As you can see...I ended up in a blue 02 with the X50 package and all stock with a bunch of factory CF and the factory aero kit.....but all the options were all factory....plus a CPO. I felt "safer" with a factory stock car. That comfort factor is something that seems to go along with a car that hasn't been modded.

I truly wish you the best of luck in selling your car.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:47 PM
max p.
Intermediate

Jeff, I have noticed your ad from earlier in the month and I do think that the car looks a lot better now.

Since we are on the topic of value for these cars, I'm interested in purchasing a 996 Turbo with less than 10,000 miles on the car. There is this ad on the classified section that was posted on 9-25-07 for $77,000 ad 7021, the car is being sold with only 3,700 miles on it, what do you guys think about the price and does anyone know anything about this car? Apparently, it is still available, but there are no pictures on the dealers web site. I would really appreciate your thoughts. Thanks
Old 10-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Max: You just hijacked Jeff's thread. Start a new one with your question...I have no intention of being mean spirited, just a simple matter of protocol and courtesy.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:42 AM
max p.
Intermediate

Cool. Sorry about that Jeff.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:29 PM
riverflyer
Instructor

Jeff, just to offer a contrary viewpoint, I usually look for well modded cars when buying used. I feel as I can weed through the abusers pretty readily and to get $30 of 40k in mods for a fraction of cost and installation hassles seems a no brainer to me. The thing about modded 996tt's is that there are so many out there its not hard to pretty much replicate what I would do so that makes it even more attractive. If the mods are done by a good shop, that has been around for a while and are pretty fresh, I think they are an advantage.
Just another viewpoint. Hope you sold your car!

Quick Reply: How to sell a 996tt