Sponsored by:

another happy UMW customer

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default another happy UMW customer

Put in Kevin's 1bar program and just came back from the test drive. What absolutely incredible cars we have and how lucky we are to have a guy like Kevin, who can tweak us into the speed stratosphere. At first I was afraid to put it in because the car is new to me, and I wanted to get to know the personality of the car before making it even faster. Then yesterday I was at my indy shop showing my tech my new car, and he said " Might as well put in the re-flash, no use learning to drive it twice", so then I decided to go ahead. I'm glad I waited because the extra power didn't throw me off because by now, I am feeling comfortable with the handling, balance, braking, etc.. Man this car puts a smile on my face every time I get in it. It's uncanny the way this thing accelerates!. Makes almost everything else seem like there moving in slow motion.

Kevin, thank you for the great job of making our cars even more fun to drive!
Just awesome!
Old 08-25-2007, 02:18 PM
KPG
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
Put in Kevin's 1bar program and just came back from the test drive. What absolutely incredible cars we have and how lucky we are to have a guy like Kevin, who can tweak us into the speed stratosphere. At first I was afraid to put it in because the car is new to me, and I wanted to get to know the personality of the car before making it even faster. Then yesterday I was at my indy shop showing my tech my new car, and he said " Might as well put in the re-flash, no use learning to drive it twice", so then I decided to go ahead. I'm glad I waited because the extra power didn't throw me off because by now, I am feeling comfortable with the handling, balance, braking, etc.. Man this car puts a smile on my face every time I get in it. It's uncanny the way this thing accelerates!. Makes almost everything else seem like there moving in slow motion.

Kevin, thank you for the great job of making our cars even more fun to drive!
Just awesome!
Welcome to the UMW family and the slippery slope of "mods"....
Old 08-25-2007, 02:28 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

You ain't seen nothing yet...let the mods begin!
Old 08-25-2007, 03:05 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Yea, I think it's fast now, and I'm at the bottom of the power totem pole. At the moment, I just can't imagine an 800 HP car on public roads!
Old 08-25-2007, 03:51 PM
gobble
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

What's the general view on the life expectancy of the stock clutch with an ECU remap? Is it safe assuming you're not going to go drag racing the car?
Old 08-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 75 Posts

You're close enough to me that if you ever get a ride in mine, You'll be done for... I''ve got Kevin's GT1 Turbos and will have his software re-tune after I do the next event at VIR Sept. 7-9!

I can't wait!

Mike
Old 08-25-2007, 05:46 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Cool! Well I'll just have to be content and get to know what I've got before stepping up any farther.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:51 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Gobble, I expect my clutch to last as I do not abuse it. No burning out or heavy handed shifting for my tansmission, but I drive it fast and regularly see 125. Of course this car at that speed is no sweat.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:57 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 336 Likes on 224 Posts

Larry, I'm glad you are enjoying the extra kick in the seat. Have fun..
Old 08-26-2007, 09:35 AM
maxwell
Racer

Land Jet, what shop are you having do your work?
Old 08-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

The ECU re-program was done by me with the help of Kevin and his programming. All done through Fed-Ex. He sends you a plug in downloader for the diagnostic port. It reads your stock program, then you send it back to Kevin and he reads your system and adds a new performance program that gets sent back to you to plug in and upload your new ECU flash. Couln't be easier and also great support. Ultimate Motor Werks.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:22 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm getting mine done next week. Can't wait
Kevin seems like a really nice guy.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:29 PM
MidnighTT
Racer

Originally Posted by Land Jet
The ECU re-program was done by me with the help of Kevin and his programming. All done through Fed-Ex. He sends you a plug in downloader for the diagnostic port. It reads your stock program, then you send it back to Kevin and he reads your system and adds a new performance program that gets sent back to you to plug in and upload your new ECU flash. Couln't be easier and also great support. Ultimate Motor Werks.
When you get used to your new power, the next step is almost as simple. Kevin will supply his hybrid turbos and a new tune to take advantage of them. The turbos are an easy DIY swap, and you already know how easy it is to load a new tune.

I was coming off of a pretty quick car (9.47 at 148 at the Sacramento drag strip ), so I went straight for Kevin's stage 2 zero clearance turbos, 5 bar fuel pressure regulator, and race gas tune. Obviously, it's not gonna run 9s, but it's very entertaining on the street.

And if this level of performance gets boring, well, I'll line up behind KPG for a stage 4 setup.

Jeff
Old 08-27-2007, 01:28 AM
Jon Elliott
Advanced

I worked for Nordstrom for 8 years and I'm pretty picky about customer service. Kevin makes the Nordstrom family look like K-mart. He was just over the other night to swap out a faulty MAF and download a new STG2 race file. I'd like to say we are best friends but the truth is, this is how he treats his customers :-)

Business owners DO NOT get any better then Kevin, in my experience.

Welcome to the club!
Old 08-28-2007, 06:31 PM
jcb-memphis
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

What he said.

JB

Quick Reply: another happy UMW customer