Sponsored by:

Speed limit beeper (120km/h)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 03:32 AM
Lewbo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Speed limit beeper (120km/h)

I am living with the annoying beeping sound coming, which tells me I'm going over 120 KM/H, my car is a 2003 TT Gulf (Middle east spec) the beeping is not an after market sound - sounds like opening the door with your lights on - I think it has to be switched of via the ECU, can I get rid of the beeping at the same time as loading a performance flash prog?.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:07 AM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by Lewbo
I am living with the annoying beeping sound coming, which tells me I'm going over 120 KM/H, my car is a 2003 TT Gulf (Middle east spec) the beeping is not an after market sound - sounds like opening the door with your lights on - I think it has to be switched of via the ECU, can I get rid of the beeping at the same time as loading a performance flash prog?.
You should be able to set the speed (or no speed at all) for the alert through your on-board computer. Check your owner's manual.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:04 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Dock
You should be able to set the speed (or no speed at all) for the alert through your on-board computer. Check your owner's manual.

Yes, what he said... this is the same place where you check oil level, reset trip computer, etc... clear the limit and you are done.

Take the F from the smiley...

Also a good time to go over all the information that is in there...
Old 08-23-2007, 11:16 AM
CLL ACAB
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm having the same problem and am about to call the dealer. I am aware of the computer reset and I have tried everything - turn it on; turn it off; set it to 186MPH; set it to current speed (xxx mph) and it still dings at 60 MPH. I did just change the battery recently and I wonder if I need to reset something. I fell like I am about to board a Southwest flight every time it "dings."
Old 08-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Lewbo
Intermediate

Thumbs up Beeper

Yeh I've tried to reset on the computer (speed limiter and navi settings), I spoke with the main Porsche dealer here in Dubai it is standard to have this on a Gulf spec turbo. I spoke to an independant porsche dealer he runs a porsche sales and service centre in Dubai, he told me this is the most common request (to remove the 120km/h sound alert) while customers cars are in for service. Strange how something so trivial can ruin the experience of driving - especially when your going over 120km/h 99% of the time.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:02 PM
CLL ACAB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Lewbo,
Is you tech telling you that this is a built in feature which can't be adjusted, unless you have it disabled by the dealer?
Old 08-26-2007, 08:12 AM
Lewbo
Intermediate

Correct, it seems that all porsches have this programmed in at the time of delivery to pass local regulations, I just booked in for a major service - the tech told me it's a one minute (OBD II hook up) procedure which almost everyone asks for at time of service. I can't wait to get the car back and see what it's like with out the f@#king beeping. my car is a gulf spec where is your car from??.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:47 PM
CLL ACAB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mine is a US Spec. However, the beep was activated via the "trip" button on the Nav system. This is different than turning it off via the computer stalk on the steering wheel. It's adjusted through the Nav system and can hold three different speed settings. Mine is gone!!!!!

Quick Reply: Speed limit beeper (120km/h)